• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Woohoo! My Assignment!

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
Well, today is a very good day everyone! I just got my assignment for where I am going after I finish tech school. That's right baby, I'm going to England! This has got me so excited I can hardly take it. I have been praying for overseas ever since basic and I am just thrilled to have finally found out where I am going.

It will be really far from home, but it is definitely going to be one hell of a time. I haven't told my parents yet, but I think my mom is going to cry.(They won't answer their phone) :laugh: Anyways I just thought I would share some good news. Good smoking to all! :thumbs:

Nathan

Lakenheath is a great base, you'll realy enjoy it there. It's a train ride into London and Mildenhall RAF is not far away. Congrats!

That's fantastic news! Was stationed in Germany for three years and i had a great time, enjoy your stay in England and don't forget EMS. :D

Lots to see and do in the UK. Enjoy it all!

Oh yeah. Of course if anyone has been to/around that area, please share some experiences. I would love to hear some firsthand experience. :)

Congrats! I've never been to England, nor been stationed in Europe for that matter. All my overseas assignments have been in the Pacific, thus far. Everyone I know who has been stationed there have loved it. Lots of opportunities to travel.

Let us know when you get there and settled in......I'd be glad to send you a little "housewarming" gift! :)

Getting overseas and away from everything you know all too well will be the best thing. You'll love it, and you'll be more independant and outgoing because of it.

My first assignment was Bamberg, Germany. Dispised being assigned there, but once I got there I never wanted to leave and wouldn't change it for anything.

And remember to take giant package of cigars with you, because prices in Englad will kill You!

Congrats on the assignment Nathan. I'll tell you, out of 20 years of my military carreer, 13 years of it was overseas and I loved every minute of it....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats! Don't forget to get some "bangers and mash" or "bubble and squeak" when you are about town.

Ahhh "bubble and squeak", a dish only a Brit could invent.

Sure beats the shit out of mine first duty. Enjoy, Nathan. You'll do fine.

Getting overseas and away from everything you know all too well will be the best thing. You'll love it, and you'll be more independant and outgoing because of it.

My first assignment was Bamberg, Germany. Dispised being assigned there, but once I got there I never wanted to leave and wouldn't change it for anything.

Ditto for me but it was my 2nd assignment and I was in Wuerzburg. GE. Spent 6 years there... :thumbs:

Still keep in touch with my German Friends.