• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World Cup - Hockey

s0ber

Just for all the hockey fans out there, doesnt look like theres goin to be a season this year. World Cup is on this week so get your fill. USA is loosing 2 - 0 in the 2nd to canda as I write this. GO USA!! USA plays Russia thursday at 7 on espn or espn2

s0ber said:
doesnt look like theres goin to be a season this year. USA is loosing 2 - 0 in the 2nd to canda as I write this.
:( Killing me! :sneaky:

I watch quite a lot of hockey. Finland can beat any other country really, but lately they haven't won much. This WC will be exciting. We beat Czechs 4-0. Today it's time to spank Germany (they are the weakest team in the WC and will probably win zero games).

I taped the USA-Canada game and watched it. Very different from European hockey. It seems like they shoot at the goal every time they get past the blue line. And those fights... :) You don't see much of that here. They said Lemieux has thrown his gloves twice in his career. This was one of those instances. I think Czechs are more skilled at handling the puck than the average American player, but all those seasoned NHL veterans know what they're doing. Anyway, hoping to see many exciting games!

You know what bothers me most about this NHL labor stuff is they aren't even talking. The CBA is up wednesday and they haven't talked in a week! Once baseball is gone for the year and there is no hockey I guess I'll be smoking more than ever....

I used to be an avid fan. Went out and bought a satellite dish years ago just so that I could watch La Soiree du Hockey, being a Habs fan. Last time they went on strike I jess said F$#K 'em. I hopes they stay out for a loooooooooong time.