• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Worst cigar in recent memory

statelandman

I know it's probably beneath the dignity of most of you guys to even consider smoking this cigar. But being the bottom-feeder that I am, I came across it, and due to its low price, I had to give it a try (still hoping for that elusive cheap but decent smoke). And after smoking it, I felt that it was my duty to report in and give you all fair warning.

The cigar is question is the Horsepower 150 by Indian Tabac. You might have already seen the marketing ploy on this one. They have a series of these Horsepower cigars - 150, 250, 350, 450 and "turbo". The 150 is the mildest, and they go up in strength from there.

When I put the torch to this one, I was immediately slammed with a blast of bitter, salty taste. Had this been rolled from old dry seaweed gathered at the beach? I could barely believe it. But again, due to my inherent frugal nature, I just couldn't give up. I smoked the first 2 and 1/2 inches of this 7.5-inch cigar, hoping for some kind of miraculous transformation. Alas, it was not meant to be. ???
The saltiness subsidied a little bit, but the bitterness never slowed down. And it had absolutely no redeeming qualities. This undoubtedly was one of the worst cigars I've had in recent memory. If this was all I ever had to look forward in cigar smoking, I would find a new hobby.
Four thumbs down!! :angry:

statelandman said:
When I put the torch to this one, I was immediately slammed with a blast of bitter, salty taste. Had this been rolled from old dry seaweed gathered at the beach?
You couldn't tell? It was rolled amongst Wades "Salty Nuts"! :0

LOL !!!!!! :sign: :sign:

Now theres a picture. Thanks a lot for the mental image Horse!!

You know this cigar sounds so bad in such a wierd way, I want to try one now. ??? :angry:

If you really mean that, I would be glad to send you one (or three, for that matter, since that's all I have left).

Addy in profile. :thumbs:

I hope Stack's proud of me even if I did use the phrase fo a bad smoke.

Don't bother with prioity mail, thats too good for them.

Sorry about the crappy smoke. :( Don't give up on IT, they roll a cigar called Tomahawk in maduro that's very good for the price. You can find them on CB for around $30 a box. :thumbs:

gibu said:
Addy in profile. :thumbs:

I hope Stack's proud of me even if I did use the phrase fo a bad smoke.

Don't bother with prioity mail, thats too good for them.
I am sooooooo proud!

Don't assume were above anything here statelandman!
I for one am alwyas looking for that elusive 1-2 dollar cigar that is so tastey I have to by 9 boxes. I think many do the same. I'll do a poll about it. I haven't done that in a while anyway! :D

Love Michael aka federal landman ;)

Okay, gibu, they're yours. But you have to promise to smoke at least one. No fair dumping them directly into your compost pile.
As for shipment method, I was thinking of sending them by camelback. Maybe then they could pick up some decent flavor.
P.S. Sorry to see your q-back go down with an injury...

No, no, at least two will be smoked, at least an inch or two. I'll make my brother try one with me. I know if I describe it to him he'll never believe me so he's trying one also.

Thank you for your condolences. I need to look around and see if anyones said how bad it is yet. They have benn more closed mouth this year then in years past because of the new privacy laws. Last I knew they were hoping he might still make the Texas game.

i havent had a whole lotta luck with the indian tabac products ive tried so i tend to pass them over.

Gibu, that last post was meant in jest.
Package going out today, I hope. Sorry for the delay...

actually, i have yet to have an indian tabac
that i didn't like! the cameroon legend is just....
mmmmmmmmmmm :p

LuckyDawg said:
the cameroon legend is just....
mmmmmmmmmmm :p
This is true. However, I have had several other ITs and they didn't do it for me. ???

Dont worry about the delay, I can wait. :thumbs:

Thanks I think.

No I was serious. My brother and I talk cigars and try them togeather, but he just wont believe me if I only tell him. We are trying thease togeather so we can have a laugh and a story for later.

Gibu> you might be surprised :) One mans rocket can be another mans favorite Yard Smoke ??? Who knows :D

The worst in recent memory for me was a box H Upmann Connissuer #1's.

Way to young and the entire box was a pile of ****!!!

:angry:

hmmm, it could a been this mini montesino..

or some no name brarand cigar with dollar signs all over it

or a la finca..