• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Worth of Cigar Bands

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I was given a frame with a bunch of old cigar bands in it. Does anyone know of a website that would give the worth (if they are even worth anything) of these bands? Here's what I got:

TOM KEENE
KW&S GENERAL ARTHUR
ROB BURNS
LA HARMONIA
JACKSON SQUARE
THE AMERICAN
LOUISE JAMES
ALEXANDER HUMBOLDT, HABANA
EA KLINE & CO, HABANA
FLOR EXTRA FINA
THE AMERICAN E. REGENSBURG & SONS

Those are the bands that I have, and they look pretty old. Just don't know if their worth anything or not. What do you think?

Rod

Who would collect them? I've always subscribed to the idea that the demand for something is what made it valuable. For example, I have a Harmon Kilabrew rookie card. He was a catcher for the Washington Senators and Minnesota Twins, I believe. That card won't fetch much here in Dallas, but in the Twin Cities, I'll bet I could get book value for it. :)

Also in the DC area, McP. Some of still remember the Washington Senators.

Cigar bands are cool wall art. Lots of detail goes into some bands, making some of them a peice of art alone. So, I'LL keep collecting 'em. :D

WOW! Sounds cool Bruddah Rod! How about a pic?

Aloha,

Wade

:) AHHHH there is not a better site than Cigar Bands big and small, but I am afraid that is all in the eye of the beholder! :D
They are the greatest form of cultural art in my opinion depicting weman, dragons, villages, royal crests and men they are large and small, shinny and dull with bright greens, reds, blues and blacks all for the sole purpose of resting one day on that one special leaf, rolled to perfection with love and care and with a gental flame and a swift cutter may one day change a persons view on life!
sniff...sniff If you'll excuse me now I need to gocry with my humidor..... :p

wk-mang said:
WOW! Sounds cool Bruddah Rod! How about a pic?

Aloha,

Wade
Yeah - where's that pic, Rod?

:D

Just re-viving an old thread... anyone collecting bands, boxes, other paraphenalia?

Cheers,

- Oak

I was collecting the bands of each series of cigar I smoked for a while but then it got to be too much of a pain in the ass to keep track of which ones I had already. I still keep any cool bands and add them to the collection but I toss the rest.

Rod, maybe you should start a cigar band pass so you can broaden your collection :sign:

BTW: This thread really got pulled out of the depths of CP :0

How the hell did you find this one Oak!!

I have saved the band from almost every cigars I've smoked. I've also made two framed pictures from some of them.

gatorsmg said:
BTW: This thread really got pulled out of the depths of CP :0

How the hell did you find this one Oak!!
I'm just starting to become interested (or, more accurately, I'm considering becoming interested...) in collecting old and antique bands and box-art.

Figured I'd search old posts before I started a brand-new topic - and there it was... By the way - the first link from Allofus's post above is a gold-mine on the topic and I'm still reading through all the info on that and related sites.

I hate asking questions that have already been answered... Plus Rod needs to get off his butt and take that pic! :D

Cheers,

- Oak