• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wotcha gonna doo, Woo?

gutterpipe

A headline in yesterday's Guardian newspaper: "Australian smokers will be extinct by 2030, researchers say".

"Professor Mike Dweeb [sorry, that should read Daube] of...Curtin University believes the smoking epidemic will end in Australia by 2030, based on the latest figures, and trends for the past 22 years. 'We're reaching the end of the epidemic,' he said. [What gives with this "epidemic" sh!t? that's illnesses, not crafts like ours] 'What we can safely say on the basis of trends since 1983, is if those trends continue then smoking in Australia will be down to zero in 25 years - 2030.'"

Jeez, man, you'll still be younger than I am now! Don't go extinct, Woo. Fight back! Your brothers and sisters on this board are behind you, I'm sure. (A little support here, brothers and sisters, if you please.) Fight back! Fight back!

Failing that of course, you could always move to New Zealand. 25% smoke there, they say.

:)

I find it hard to believe that smoking levels are dropping. You just have to walk the streets to notice the butts everywhere and the smell of smoke outside a lot of buildings.

Though they've been outlawing smoking in restaurants and bars, government buildings and I do believe they're trying to get some kind of ban in public places here too.

I agree - smoking pipes is more of a craft than cigarette smoking. I've only ever seen 2 people that smoked pipes in my city - one was quite an elderly gent at a lawn-bowling club, the other was a bus driver.

Lol,

I don't think she smokes a pipe... but "eyes" off :angry: :whistling:

:)

Encouragement, is all that is. Try your revolution first, then if it fails, go to your sexy-sounding "lady friend" in NZ, where even the sheep smoke pipes, if the figures are to be believed.

Sounds like a spin-job by the newspaper to garner support from house fraus. More like wishful thinking than anything.
I bet that guy still thinks the gun ban lowered violent crime, too.
Dweeb, indeed!