• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Would this work here???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
This forum consumes my every thought. Can you tell??? :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was thinking.

Has this been tried before?

This would be a great way (especially a person with not-too-many smokes) to get a nice assortment of different smokes.

Also a great way for the newbies to get to know the senior members and gain trust.

Similar to the cigarpool lottery....

PM me if interested in getting this up and running. I will administrate it.

There is a Pick 3 lottery drawing at 1:00 and 6:59 in my bordering state of SC. To start this off, I need 10 people to pick a number from 0 - 9. We/I will decide on a drawing date and post it a couple days in advance and the first number drawn on that day will be the winner.

Example: Number 4-0-8 is drawn, "4" would be our winner and the other 9 would send him/her something.

We could play more than once so others would have a chance. Every week, two-weeks, ????????

It would work on the honor system like our other trades.

I am open for suggestions on the details if you are interested.

How many cigars to send our winner?

Do we send cheap, premium, ultra premium, one of each?

Well, you haven't PM'd me yet? :p

SD I'm in the Lottos that MBCL and CigarWeekly boards have that are based on lottery numbers. The MBCL uses the powerball number in the Washington State Lotto and the CigarWeekly is chosen by the national powerball number.

Hey, Shadow, where do you find info on the CigarWeekly website about the lottery? I would be interested in that one.

Also, I would be interested in starting one on CP. Keep up work on in Sack. If I can help out, too, let me know.

ALostTexan

It was done here by Purobrat. I think it went through maybe 5 drawings. We had a problem with a couple newbs that joined and didnt pay up. He did it every 2 weeks I believe. I think there is enough new and old blood here to do it. You'll find a couple people will stay in and be die hard players, but the most will cycle in and out depending on their schedules and such. One thing I would like to see here is more trading. I really like the newbie sampler threads on other boards. I believe it would probably work here too.

Emo

ALostTexan said:
Hey, Shadow, where do you find info on the CigarWeekly website about the lottery? I would be interested in that one.

Also, I would be interested in starting one on CP. Keep up work on in Sack. If I can help out, too, let me know.

ALostTexan
Go to the Box Pass Section of CW and you will see threads saying so and so won the CW Memorial Lotto. Joebob is coordinating the lotto, just send him a PM or e-mail and he will put you on the waiting list.

I think this a great idea, but one already done. Check out CigarPool. I hope knowone gets mad at me for promoting another site, but...... its a lotta fun, and no, I don't have anything to do with it, other than I have a couple of numbers in the pool!

They have 100 numbers, and is administered by Michael Cook & Patty Scarpone. The work is already done.

There are vacant numbers ready to be filled AND I'm sure if those are filled, we could get rid of a couple of deadbeats that are still lingering around. For the most part, it seems that the bi-monthly winners get close to if not over 100 sticks.

PS. next drawing is 2 days away ! :0

emodx said:
I think there is enough new and old blood here to do it.
I feel the same way emo. I have not had anyone PM at this point to join in. Maybe this would not work. I feel like it will though.

I am in the lottery at CigarPool. THis would be different and for different reasons.

Here is what I am thinking:

Note: I'm not keeping score, just making a point. Over the past 10 days since joining CP, I have mailed out around 50 cigars at random to other users to get my name out. It's great advertising. JoeM and Shadow bombed me first and I fired one back at them, but the others sent were random. I also started a Pass with 20 smokes in it. I have a large supply of smokes. It may not be large compared to some of the seniors, but I could smoke for a while without getting another cigar. This does not mean that you should quit BOMBING me. I WANT MORE. SEND ME MORE!!!! :D I hope to send out hundreds of cigars to newbies and seniors alike during my stay here. This is the most fun I have had in a long time.

My concern is... what about the college student or guy making minimum wage, or like me, a person who makes decent money but has many, many mouths to feed. <Rush would call me a liberal wouldn't he?> ??? The cigar boom turned a lot of folks onto cigars. They are not only for the high paid executive anymore. There was a time early on when I may only have 2 or 3 sticks in my humidor. I could not have participated here like I did. Thankfully, I was able to. I am enjoying it immensely.

If we started a small lottery here, it would not be so large that you wouldn't know everyone in it. It could start with 10 members. A newbie could get in and he would know that he would only have to ship out a couple cigars every two weeks to be noticed. Don't misunderstand again... not that anyone here has to "BUY" anyone's love. I am trying to walk softly. I don't want to make the wrong impression. Can you tell I have been drinking? :sign:

It would be a good way to test a newcomer without trusting him with $200+ worth of cigars in a pass too. The newbie could get in and get noticed without posting 100 times. Maybe they are just a casual user and are not hooked like I/we am/are.

Best of All. It would me 10-20 more cigars sent to someone every couple weeks! Let me win...Please!

It would give the newbie (if he won) a chance to try many different cigars without "buying" something that he may not like.

Plus, we could customize it. Everyone in the lottery could state how strong they like their sticks. Mild, Full, or Send me anything you have that burns. We could possibly incorporate an exclusion list for each member. I have a website and we could use it for the details.

Since the lottery is small, we could do anything we wished with little effort.

Look, long story short, I am going to try it. aLostTexan promises to help. Please join in. Details to follow in another post.

Love ya, mean it! :love:

emodx said:
One thing I would like to see here is more trading. I really like the newbie sampler threads on other boards. I believe it would probably work here too.

Emo
PM me more information about the newbie sampler. I want in on it. I am willing to share with the Newbies even if I "is" one myself! How does it work?

I'm also in the cigarpool.com and cigarweekly.com drawings. It's been alot of fun so far (although I haven't won yet ??? )

emodx said:
One thing I would like to see here is more trading. I really like the newbie sampler threads on other boards. I believe it would probably work here too.

Emo
I'm wit ya on that Emo, I'm always up for a trade! Your "Wish list thread" Is going well {we still need more wishers though!} And I am looking forward to starting the "Secret Santa 2003" again! :thumbs:

CIGAR LOTTERY INFO

Here goes! Sign up now!

Ten Spots available. 0 through 9
You will be assigned a number in the order that you signup. If you want a special number, ask for it and I will give it to you if it hasn't been taken already. If it has been taken, you will get the next number available.

I will take zero(0) since I am signing up first. Nine Spots Left

Winning number will be based on the SC State Lottery Pick 3 Game.

Drawing Date will be Friday July 25th (unless we get 10 members real soon and we can change the date - members will be notified if there is a change at least 24-hours in advance) If we can't get 10 members, some can opt to take an additional number. If you have two numbers, you will have to send double the amount of cigars to our winner.

We will use the Evening Drawing at 6:59pm. (as opposed to the 1:00pm drawing)

The first number of the three will determine our winner. ex: number 3-0-9 is drawn, the person with number 3 will win the cigar lottery.

Each of the other nine players should mail something special to our winner in about a week.

Within 24-hours of the drawing, I will post the winner and his/her (sign up Dawn) likes and dislikes and/or special requests and address with any special instructions given by the winner.

Each non-winning player will be expected to mail two cigars to our winner. Make it something that you would smoke. No Swisher Sweets please unless they request some. :)

If you want to play, send an email to: cigarlottery@contractorcafe.com and include your:

Name & Address

Likes, Dislikes with any special requests you may have if you are the winner.

Good Luck.

Stack:

Email sent!

Been surfing the CP forums for a few weeks, and am interested in giving this a go!

Thanks for trying to give it a start!

Kurt

This lotto needs to be in the right thread. Ask Rod to lock it and start it in an appropriate forum. Make sure the first post of the thread has all the rules and fine print!
Emo

Okay. Glad to.

Rod, please lock this topic and tell me where to move it to.

Thanks
Steve

Is that how I do that>?

Actually, just PM him, and create a post in the Cigar Discussion thread.

Emo

Status
Not open for further replies.