• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

would you point out a fake?

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Today while at Foxwoods there was a guy next to me at the craps table smoking a cigar. It was a 'cohiba' but the band looked pretty obviously fake. I would have had to get a closer look to be sure, but I'm 99% sure he was smoking a fake. I didn't say anything... Obviously he doesn't know any better, and he probably thinks he is enjoying a great cigar. Would you have said something?

Absolutely NOT. Who knows...maybe his significant other got it for him to enjoy. I would just let sleeping dogs lay.

I agree 100% with Horse.

Unless he asked my oppinion, then, well.... He asked for it :p

THAT WAS ME YA BASTID!!!

And it was REAL!!! :angry:

And because you were giving me funny looks, I stole three green chips from you when you weren't looking :D

:sign:

If it was someone I didn't know, then no. If we'd gotten to talking about the cigar, depending on how things went, I might mentioned it -- dunno.

I'd definitely mention it if a friend of mine whipped it out though -- save them some money, and get them the real thing.

coventrycat86 said:
THAT WAS ME YA BASTID!!!

And it was REAL!!! :angry:

And because you were giving me funny looks, I stole three green chips from you when you weren't looking :D

:sign:
If it would have been you, I would have given you a few extra to choke on :p

Would not say anything unless it was a good friend who was smoking the turd.

Aboslutely no way. Kinda like I don't tell strangers their fly is open or they have food on their cheek - that information should be left to people who are closer.

Who knows, he may already know they are fakes and is just trying to look cool.

I mentioned to my buddy that I was with and he said exactly that. Maybe he knows and wants to look cool. Meanwhile I was smoking a bolivar belicoso with the band removed followed by an Anejo with the band removed. Leaving the bands on wouldn't be enough to make me look cool anyway. :0

other1 said:
Leaving the bands on wouldn't be enough to make me look cool anyway. :0
:p Very good!!!

Besides, the paper lends a strange taste to the smoke, I can do without it. :D

I usally take the band off too, but I have NEVER noticed the paper affecting the taste of a cigar.

I'll smoke to the band and then if I really like it take the band off and continue. :D

I had a friend that had one of those glass top boxes of 10 cohiba's I could'nt rain on his parade so I kept my mouth ****.

It all would depend on how much money he was winning me :D If he was rolling like a pro, then I'd keep my mouth shut. If he was losing money, I might have said something when I was leaving :angry: J/K. Either way, I would have probably just laughed to myself and walked away. This is of course if I could even tell it was a fake to begin with, being a newb and all :)

I've got a fake cohiba at home. Had I known I'd run into this guy I would have brought it. Probably would have made his day by gifting it to him. :p

kingpin said:
I had a friend that had one of those glass top boxes of 10 cohiba's I could'nt rain on his parade so I kept my mouth ****.
I'd definitely tell him. Otherwise he'll be likely to buy crap like that again.

Hmmm...I'd tell him but would then offer up a real Cohiba to bandage the gaping hole you just left in his ego :p

Well, I'd have to look at it closer to be 100% certain, but...

Looked much too glossy.
Color wasn't quite right.
Squares weren't as crisp as they should have been. Might even have been circles.

other1 said:
Well, I'd have to look at it closer to be 100% certain, but...

Looked much too glossy.
Color wasn't quite right.
Squares weren't as crisp as they should have been. Might even have been circles.
Yup...that would do it!