• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow That Was Good.

gunsandcigars88

Well, I got off a 12 hour shift and was hungry for a steak. So I decided to go by the store and get a couple good sirloins. A cut of meat that I rarely use. I seasoned it lightly with my secret seasoning rub, let it sit for 30 minutes, threw it on a VERY hot bed of charcoal topped with hickory chips, seared it nicely, and then moved it to foil for 10 minutes to finish. Came out a perfect medium rare, but still had a nice doneness to the outside of the steak, just the way I like it. A nice crust, but still medium rare. That steak was a good 25 ozs. I had a hard time finishing it, but enjoyed it down to the last bite. Think I might have to follow it with a anejo.
B

Well, I got off a 12 hour shift and was hungry for a steak. So I decided to go by the store and get a couple good sirloins. A cut of meat that I rarely use. I seasoned it lightly with my secret seasoning rub, let it sit for 30 minutes, threw it on a VERY hot bed of charcoal topped with hickory chips, seared it nicely, and then moved it to foil for 10 minutes to finish. Came out a perfect medium rare, but still had a nice doneness to the outside of the steak, just the way I like it. A nice crust, but still medium rare. That steak was a good 25 ozs. I had a hard time finishing it, but enjoyed it down to the last bite. Think I might have to follow it with a anejo.
B

You know, I'm sitting here looking through my PM's and am not seeing an invite to enjoy a steak :laugh: :angry: . Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a good steak. I tried cooking a few when it warmed up about a month ago but overcooked them to the point that they weren't edible (medium well).. I might have to spark up the grill and try it out again sometime soon.

B

You know, I'm sitting here looking through my PM's and am not seeing an invite to enjoy a steak :laugh: :angry: . Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a good steak. I tried cooking a few when it warmed up about a month ago but overcooked them to the point that they weren't edible (medium well).. I might have to spark up the grill and try it out again sometime soon.

I'm off wednesday thursday and friday, come on up one day. We'll cook some steaks and smoke a couple stogies.
B

Unfortunately the only day I have off this week is tomorrow, but we'll definitely have to work something out in the near future, there's nothing better then a great steak followed by a few great cigars! Jake might even have to get his ass up here if he can find the time!

Unfortunately the only day I have off this week is tomorrow, but we'll definitely have to work something out in the near future, there's nothing better then a great steak followed by a few great cigars! Jake might even have to get his ass up here if he can find the time!

Or you two lazy bastids can make it down to my neck of the woods and make a road-trip out of it. ;) I come up there way too often with no reciprocation!

Brandon has an incentive.... :whistling:

Dang, I gotta work tomorrow from 5pm to 3am. We'll definately have to work it out some time.
B

Or you two lazy bastids can make it down to my neck of the woods and make a road-trip out of it. ;) I come up there way too often with no reciprocation!

It's been quite some time since I've been in College Station, and haven't been down there since I was of legal age so I am sure there are many new things to partake in.

I new Jake was going to bring that incentive up. I just knew it.
B