• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wow, Wow, Wow Ashton VSG

roboref

I had not tried any truly premium smokes till the Ashton VSG. Now I can see what all the hype is about. Before this my favorite all time was a CAO la Anniversaire Cameroon. Then I had the VSG. What a smoke. What other types of cigars are similar? I sure can't afford 8-10 dollars a stick all the time. But it will certainly be one for special occasions.

Try the Arturo Fuente Sungrowns...

Cuban Belicoso, Double Chateau Fuente, and Chateau Fuente :thumbs:

If you like those, Opus X's will probably have you doing backflips. :)

Liked thewse a lot better when they were first put out in 1999. They seemed to have dimenished since then. Or maybe that is just me? Anyhoo, don't seem to like these as much as I once did. Might have to give them another chance.

Original release are supposed to be a whole different animal. I've heard much richer and even more complex then the later releases. I've never had an original release VSG but I do love the ones I've had - especially 2-3 years old.

I personally don't think they are worth the money.

There are many Havanas that can be had for less that I think are a better value.

Other good expensive smokes include PAM '26's and PAM '64's

I smoked a VSG - size/date unknown about 6-months ago and it didn't do it for me. I smoked an ISOM Trini Fundadore that day too. It didn't do it for me either. ??? Maybe I was having an off day.

Tonight, (after reading this post) I decided to give a VSG BELICOSO No 1 another try. I was babysitting without Mommy and had all but one kid in the bed. The other was playing 'possum on the couch so I fired up the VSG. She (being 19 months old) said, "Cigar... smell good." You gotta love the little ones! :p It did smell good. It also tasted very good too. Much, much better than the other (first) one I had smoked. It was sweet, rich and creamy. THose are the only three words in my cigar smoking vocabulary! I really did enjoy it. Worth the money? I don't know. Maybe... ??? Not as good as a Boli RC ISOM at half the price. And not even close to a Cohiba Pirimide Edicion Limitada at twice the price. I guess it's all relative. Good smoke either way. :thumbs: Thanks for giving me the opportunity to fire on up. ;)