• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

wrapper on or off

sdzierza

Should I remove the wrapper from all of my smokes before placing them in my humidor or even longer term storage in the cooler?

In the last 10 years, I've never noticed a difference. Whatever you prefer doing is always best. ;)

I have actually read statements on both sides. I gleaned the following info:

If you are putting them into a humi which will be picked from regularly with a farely short rotation, the humidity will be able to more quickly stabalize within individual sticks if the cello is removed.

If you are putting them in a larger humi for long-term storage, you will not likely see a difference either way.

Personally, I leave them on if they came with one and I also have sticks that come with no cellow to start with, and as Beast also said, frankly do not see a difference. If you move your Humi around a lot, you may want to leave them on for the sole purpose of protecting the delicate wrappers :D

You know, I have no idea. I leave them on most of the time, unless I get some that didn't have wrappers, but then again I have 3 humi's now and can put wrapped in one box and unwrapped in another.

In the past, I've done without wrappers and I actually prefer the married flavors. I know a lot of people say you don't notice, but when your trained in culinary arts as I am, you can pick up the tiniest change in things. It's kind of neat :p

But anyway, now I mostly leave them on, because I've gotten in the habit of letting them rest for a few months before I make up my mind.

I'll store them the way I got them... if they come in cello then the cello stays on... and if I get them naked they stay naked... LOL! I haven't noticed much difference in the same cigars when aged both with and without cello. I agree with Allofus... personal preference.

Aloha,

Wade

cello on if it comes with it. I'm paranoid about cigars "marrying" flavors. Unwraped cigars get their own box. Just my two cents. :lookup: