• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar Cutter

Get in, Strap in, STFU and Don't Touch Nothin!
<Rant on> So while I was home on R&R I bought a Xikar cutter and it worked well. Had the wife send it out to me here in Iraq and it falls out of my pocket to the floor 2 feet and falls apart! :0 I put it back together but the screw came loose and wouldn't tighten back up. I haven't cut a cigar yet but it is looser at the base of it near the screw. I guess if it doesn't work I'll use the trusty serrated blade to work until I get back to the states and can send it in to get it replaced. I think I'm going to get a Palio next and call it a day. :angry: :angry: :angry: <Rant off>

<Rant on> So while I was home on R&R I bought a Xikar cutter and it worked well. Had the wife send it out to me here in Iraq and it falls out of my pocket to the floor 2 feet and falls apart! :0 I put it back together but the screw came loose and wouldn't tighten back up. I haven't cut a cigar yet but it is looser at the base of it near the screw. I guess if it doesn't work I'll use the trusty serrated blade to work until I get back to the states and can send it in to get it replaced. I think I'm going to get a Palio next and call it a day. :angry: :angry: :angry: <Rant off>

I'm sure you've heard they have a lifetime warranty on their products, so if you sent it back to them they'll either repair or replace it. Also, they offer a free leather sheath for the cutters. All you have to do is request one.

Here's a link to their WARRANTY PAGE.

Good luck.

Thanks Shamrocker. I do know about their warranty. My issue is that I'm hittin the end of my tour in Iraq, with about 2 months to go. If I were to send it in to them they wouldn't get it back to me in time. Fortunately for me a BOTL, who I got to meet while I was home on leave and happens to have a store close to the house, offered to let my wife bring my busted one in and switch it out and he would take care of getting it replaced. Very awesome for me and something I definitely wasn't expecting. I'm definitely liking this community more and more the longer I'm here. Once I get back stateside I'll be able to be a more contributing member of society here ;)

That's a pretty good deal. Don't forget to send a letter requesting the free leather case :)

Not a fan of Xikar products.
A better warranty would be to stop making crap.
Being stuck in Iraq is not a good time to break.

Here is a pic of mine. It did not even drop, it broke by itself. When I came back into the truck this is what I found. :angry:
gallery_4231_917_132919.jpg

Hmmm. Never had an issue with mine. Its pic is below.

I know it happens but it just kind of pissed me off. More than anything because of where I am. But I'll make the serrated blade work while its getting switched. There is always an alternative to make important things happen :D

Same here, never had an issue with either one of my Xikar cutters. Sorry for the bad luck especially while you're in the desert. Stay safe for the next couple of months and deal with it when you get home...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I enjoy 3 to 5 cigars a week, and have been cutting them with the same Xikar for nearly 2 years. The only problem I can report is that the little blade lock button gets loose every once in a blue moon, and needs to be screwed back in. Other than that - flawless.

I just had to send my Xikar Multi-Tool back last week because the hinge came loose and the tips of the cutter would touch together when I would put pressure on the cap, and would lock up. Had a brand new one in the mail box yesterday!! Hopefully I won't have anymore problems. If I do I'm going after a Palio.

I've had two Xikars, both flawless. I have a Palio as well. I actually prefer my Xikar but they are both quality tools.

Sorry you had trouble with yours. Xikar's warranty service is about as good as it gets, so other than the inconvienence, you'll be taken care of.

Same thing happened to mine. Dropped it and it sprang apart. Sat in pieces for a long time before I finally took it into a B&M here that swapped it out for free. Nice to have a functional one back, but I think I'll get something else next time. :)

-John

I always wanted a Xikar cutter but I bought a Palio instead just because of the cheaper price. Im a big fan of my Palio now, its simple and it works great. No springs to break or anything like that just a simple design that works every time. I have a Xikar lighter and I absolutely love it. Im not knocking on Xikar or anyone else but you cant go wrong with a Palio its never let me down.

I am a user of both the Xikar and Palio...I do like both cutters, but my personal preference leans towards my Xikar. Both work fine, and I too have dropped my Xikar, but with no issues. Honestly, I don't think you can really go wrong with either one.