• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar

WyoSmoke

Hey Everyone,

I just wondered if anyone has heard anything from XIKAR(Andy). I had an issue that had to deal with my Element lighter and sent him a PM quite some time back trying to get some info on what it is that the warranty covers. I also emailed Xikar directly via their website, but again, have gotten no response. The only thing that I haven't done is call them and the only reason for this is that I work during their hours of operation. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get some kind of response here?? I'm sure these folks are all very busy with their schedules, but I feel as if I have patient enough up to this point...I'm going on almost a month and a half with no response. I guess the best thing for me to do is to keep trying and see if anyone else has a suggestion that they can come up with. Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Allison has been helping me with a cutter repair. She is the best there as far as I am concerned. Her email is
akey@xikar.com.

When my lighter stopped working, I just mailed it to the address on their website. I didn't contact anyone. I got a brand new lighter from them in less than 2 weeks.

Don't know about lighters, but with cutters I just mail it to them and they send me back a new one in about a week.

Sure would be nice to know someone is alive there; but as long as they stand behind their product, I guess you learn to smile.

Never had a problem with Xikar, always used the website that comes with the instructions and returned what needed sharpening and always received a leather holder for all my lighters and cutters. I admit to it, i'm a Xikar ho!
thumbs-up.gif
smile.gif

Well, my problem is that I don't have anything to send back to them. The lighter in question was stolen by some jerk. So, I am trying to contact them to see if the warranty covers lost/stolen items at all. My Element lighter was no more than 3 or 4 months old so this really sucks. I still have the original receipt, packaging, and have registered for the warranty on Xikar's site. AND, to add insult to injury the leather sheath that Xikar sends out for their items once you register for the warranty showed up 3 days after my lighter was stolen. I will be off work this week due to an injured shoulder, so maybe I will get the chance to give these guys a call during their hours of operation and get some kind of answer as to whether they'll help me out or if I am at a total loss. Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully this goes well, but I am expecting the worst.

Mike

Err, well, hopefully they help you out, but my advice to you is not to get upset if they don't, only because it is a stolen item. Not many companies' warranty covers an item being stolen. Not trying to rain on your parade, just being realistic.

Well, my problem is that I don't have anything to send back to them. The lighter in question was stolen by some jerk. So, I am trying to contact them to see if the warranty covers lost/stolen items at all. My Element lighter was no more than 3 or 4 months old so this really sucks. I still have the original receipt, packaging, and have registered for the warranty on Xikar's site. AND, to add insult to injury the leather sheath that Xikar sends out for their items once you register for the warranty showed up 3 days after my lighter was stolen. I will be off work this week due to an injured shoulder, so maybe I will get the chance to give these guys a call during their hours of operation and get some kind of answer as to whether they'll help me out or if I am at a total loss. Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully this goes well, but I am expecting the worst.

Mike

I'm going to bet the manufacturer's warranty won't cover a lost or stolen item. However, depending on your purchase method you may have theft coverage. Some credit cards have perks and bonuses like travel insurance and automatic extended warranty that covers lost, stolen, or damaged items. That alone got me a $240 refund on a calculator I bought in college. I slipped on a patch of ice and then proceeded fall directly on my backpack with said calculator in an outside pocket.

That may be your only recourse, so good luck!

Err, well, hopefully they help you out, but my advice to you is not to get upset if they don't, only because it is a stolen item. Not many companies' warranty covers an item being stolen. Not trying to rain on your parade, just being realistic.

Not angry with the company in the least and have no reason to be. Whether they replace my lighter or not, I will still continue to buy their products and support them with my business. Their products are still of the highest quality and it is hard to find lifetime warranties on anything in our current day and age. I absolutely do not hold the company at fault for the injustice that an individual that is most likely not even closely affiliated with them has done. I would also venture to bet that said individual has no idea of what the primary use of such an item is. Although I guess there could be such low life individuals lurking in the realms and waiting to take advantage of the rest of us, but I would prefer to think otherwise. Anyway, I agree that I too believe the company will do nothing about it, but I figure it's worth a try before trying to replace it with my own hard earned cash.

Mike

am inspired now to send back a Xikar lighter I use a lot but recently quit working. I thought you had to go through the retailer, but the instructions online couldn't be easier.

John

am inspired now to send back a Xikar lighter I use a lot but recently quit working. I thought you had to go through the retailer, but the instructions online couldn't be easier.

John

I have heard that their customer service is top notch with items that have simply quit working or have defects. I would caution you as to sending them anything that might have sentimental value though as I have heard that more often than not they will simply replace the item with a new one instead of repairing the one that is sent in. Just a little food for thought. :thumbs:

Mike

John

I have heard that their customer service is top notch with items that have simply quit working or have defects. I would caution you as to sending them anything that might have sentimental value though as I have heard that more often than not they will simply replace the item with a new one instead of repairing the one that is sent in. Just a little food for thought. :thumbs:

Mike

Yes I agree with this.
I sent them my X1 cutter which I purchased in Aussie. It took 2 weeks from sending and I had a brand new cutter in my hand. Very good service I reckon. Shame I lost the cutter to Aussie customs when I came back to NZ.

I've had great customer service with Xikar without ever speaking to anyone there. I have sent my cutter in for sharpening accompanied by a note, have also sent an Enigma lighter in that was not working properly with a note. In both instances, both were replaced. Took a few weeks time, but that is not out of the ordinary. While Xikar is not my goto cigar accessory anymore, I certainly can't fault their attention to customer service. As far as loss and theft...I don't know of any manufacturer warranty that covers that. As mentioned before, it would be best to try and recoup through your credit card company. Good luck.

Needless to say...if it is NOT spelled out in the warranty, then it is not covered.
Linky