• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

XXO Series R

SamGuss

I lit this baby up last night. An XXO Series R. It had been aging in my humidor for months and I felt it was time to give it a shot.

The cigar was fairly mellow looking, pale brown, yellow band with black block letters, I figured this would be a smooth cigar.

I say this as I coughed up a lung after I finally got it lit at the uneasy harshness of the cigar smoke. The taste itself was well almost non-existant. Sawdust and dried tobacco mufled with some old leather. The smoke on the other hand was fairly harsh and kept watering my eyes and getting caught in my nose hairs, simply making this an unpleasant smoke.

Now it is just one cigar and perhaps in the future I will try this one again just to make sure it was an individual cigar thing in this case. Now, I try to be positive about things, so I will say something positive about this cigar: I would choose it over a Perdomo if these were the only 2 cigars available.

Sam, a.k.a. the newbie reviewer, who is going to smoke one of his favorites when he gets home to recover from the experience of last night.

PS: This cigar rates around a 50. I may try this one again someday to ensure I just didn't have a bad cigar however, and if I do and I will follow up with another review.