• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yahoo Auctions, ebay, et al.

morenoloco

Styx and Stones posted a great thread, and we all see these from time to time. I know that my reputation is one of being a mud slinger, but that isn't really a fair or accurate description of me.

The whole point is the following: The cigar community is a small one, and we have to protect each other so that we dont get screwed over.

If someone is selling fake cigars on Yahoo, post it so that everyone else can see it. You can report it to Yahoo as a Terms of Service violation. By not reporting it, what you are doing is enabling someone from cheating someone else and/or not preventing an injustice from happening to someone.

There have been times that I've been cheated. There have also been times, where kind people have stepped in to help me. There have also been times, where I have wrongly accused someone of peddling fakes or conversely attested to the fact that something may have been authentic when it really wasn't. If we all act together, then we can reduce the amount of these errors from happening.

Cigarpass is a great site, and I wish I had more time to devote to it. A lot of the same people are on Cwise, CW, and CF. Look to those who post objectively on the matter or have vast knowledge regarding habanos (ie, Moki, Master). Ask questions, it doesn't cost anything to do so...

I reported both of those guys...I fell for one of those about 2 years ago...before I found CPass and all the info.
Hate for someone else to loose money on these. I lost $55 bucks...still have 1 or 2 left. I bought a 5'er of Monte EL Robustos

indyrob said:
I reported both of those guys...I fell for one of those about 2 years ago...before I found CPass and all the info.
Hate for someone else to loose money on these. I lost $55 bucks...still have 1 or 2 left. I bought a 5'er of Monte EL Robustos
[snapback]210035[/snapback]​

I think that when we all started out in cigars, it happened to all of us. It happened to me about 5 years ago on yahoo? And, I have received fakes from time to time... namely CTO...

morenoloco said:
Styx and Stones posted a great thread, and we all see these from time to time. I know that my reputation is one of being a mud slinger, but that isn't really a fair or accurate description of me.
[snapback]210034[/snapback]​

BS! You're a great guy! I say you help newbies from getting taken. Me for example! ;)

Thanks for the post...keeping the heat on the bad guys is a good thing!