• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yak, its whats for dinner.

Joebunaga

Brought to you by Carl's Junior.
Actually for dinner last night.

Another of God's creatures that turns out to be delicious. If broccoli had a nice, light marbling of fat that after a hot fast grilling left it smoky and a little charred but still nicely rare... I'd be a vegetarian.
However, that ain't the case. Nice mild beefy flavor, not stringy and very lean. Kind of hard to define the flavor because it tasted like beef, but different.
A little salt and pepper to season, some loaded mashed potatoes, marinaded veggies, grilled corn and grilled peaches on vanilla ice cream. Prosecco and a table red from Italy to drink, that's good eating and a nice end to the weekend.

Then I finally got to sit down and smoke my Padron :)

Where would one even get yak meat?

From these guys, I'd guess

RCKY2.jpg

There's a rancher that raises them in Weatherford, TX. He sells them at local farmers markets and one shop here in Austin. They must be some miserably hot hairy cows in Texas...

You sure you're from Texas. Don't know a lot about cattle do ya,. Let me help. All cows are cattle not all cattle are cows.

Doc.

My grandparents had a cotton farm, and we didn't keep livestock so I can't claim intimate knowledge of cattle or their cousins. They all grill well.
They also sell round steak, so I want to try chicken fried yak next.