• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yankee tips

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
Hey guys, so My birthday is this Saturday. As a graduation and birthday gift my Mother and sister got me two tickets to the Yankee vs Rays game at 1. I plan on being there early, from the website it looks like you can enter through certain gates 3 hours prior to the game, thus I will be doing alot of picture taking within the stadium. Is there anything eles worth seeing or eating around the Yankees stadium? Its been about 4 years since I have been to a home Yankee game so I will be a little "lost". Let me know

David

Wow, pretty cool! I've never been so I couldn't help ya but it sounds like fun. :)

Oh...aren't they in the new stadium now anyways?

Not unless your looking to eat some Kennedy Fried Chicken.
you will spend enough in the stadium that you wont want to buy anywhere else.
But Stan's bar by the old stadium is always a great time during games and the old yankee tavern just up the block from the new stadium is where i believe Ruth used to go and drink.
beyond that not much in the area food wise unless you go up river ave to a place that is chinese/spanish real good spanish food made by chinese guys with a lil infusion of their chinese cooking

There's a great fish & chips spot right on 161st Street. It's right next door to the McDonalds. Stay away from those bars! They charge almost as much as the beers at the stadium.

Pete, it's not Kennedy Fried Chicken that's on Gerard Avenue, it's U.S. Fried Chicken. They changed their name loooong time ago :laugh:

But after the game, if you bring your stub with you, you can go to Sin City with no door charge

ohh yeah the Sin City Van used to be outside the bleacher gate
where is that fish and chip spot? directly on 161 next to the McD on right or on river next to McD left?

ohh yeah the Sin City Van used to be outside the bleacher gate
where is that fish and chip spot? directly on 161 next to the McD on right or on river next to McD left?

It's directly on 161st between River and Gerard. I remember I used to get some shark fillets from there. They don't carry them anymore tho