• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yankees suck Thread

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Well they do and I'ts my patriotic duty as a member of Red Sox Nation to begin this thread. The Magic No. is 14 and go Tigers.

Doc.

Shouldn't this be titled "The Yankees get sucked" By the Sox of course.

Cough cough cough choke choke. It is September after all.

Just goes to show you how intense the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is, when it can drag someone of AVB's stature down to my level.

Doc.

well both the yankees AND the red sox suck...so there!

thanks,
mike
(who bleeds DODGER blue)

Well, I don't think they Yankees "suck," they're a great organization but I am most certainly rooting for the Red Sox!

It's looking like the Yankees will indeed take the Wild Card but they'll have to deal with the Angels first in the ALDS and that isn't going to be easy.

On Monday, the Red Sox, who have the best record in baseball, are hosting Tampa Bay (who has the worst record in baseball) AT Fenway Park while the Yankees travel to Toronto. This weekend coming up, the Red Sox host the Yankees for three. Boston also has three more games AT Tampa Bay later in the month.

Detroit has a make up game with Toronto on Monday, then they host the Texas Rangers then have to travel to Minnesota and Cleveland. I don't think the Tigers can catch the Yankees.

Cleveland split a four game series with the Angels and have a cake schedule for the rest of the year. The Indians will very likely give the Red Sox a run for their money in the ALDS.

It's going to be a hell of a finish for all of them and whether it's the Yankees or the Tigers for the Wild Card, there will be four VERY GOOD AL teams in the playoffs.

I'm a National League fan at heart but I don't see any way in hell that the NL will win the World Series this year.

After reading that dissertation from Bill, all I have to say is GO YANKEES........ :D :sign: :p :thumbs: :cool:

Edited for proper spelling so CC doesn't start to red "X" my homework paper!!!!!!!

Semi-Noober

Group: Members
Member No.: 3163

At this point the division does not matter, as long as we win a slot everyone else is cooked! Since the All-Star break no one is even close in Wins, Runs scored, Homeruns, Batting average , hits....yada yada yada....enjoy the view as they Yankees kick-in a little bit of late seaon turbo and blow everyones doors off....especially since we have finally put a few of our old horses to pasture(sorry Moose you just ain't got it no more)....hope The RED SUXs have the good enough sense not too try and add flame to the fire by plunking yet another Yankee hero (that was so lame last night with A-Rod getting hit) with your sorry ass pitching..

Edit to add: I will be smoking some of the winnings from the previous series that the Yankees beat the Red Sux up in, whilst watching the Yankees tear them up!

This post has been edited by Seavita: Aug 29 2007, 11:54 AM

Not to repeat myself.......but , ohhh what the hell I am going to repeat myslef...teh division is INCONSEQUENTIAL at this point. No one will be able to stop the locomotive that is A-Rod and the Yankees. Just chalk it up to yet another World Series by the Champs

Well, I don't think they Yankees "suck," they're a great organization but I am most certainly rooting for the Red Sox!

I can't believe you are a Sox fan...

My guess is that from here on out the rest of the regular season will be just "going through the motions" for both teams until we play each other in the ALDS, again...

Go Yanks!

Fish

All this vitriol against the Yankees, tsk tsk. You know they got their name from being the young farmboys from upstate just across the Vermont border who only play to raise money and awareness for homeless people around the world, they don't spend their vast paychecks on themselves. It's a thankless job sometimes to be a Yankees fan.

I can't believe you are a Sox fan...

My guess is that from here on out the rest of the regular season will be just "going through the motions" for both teams until we play each other in the ALDS, again...

Go Yanks!

Fish

:laugh:

Now Howard, you know I'm really an Astros fan and a National League fan BUT as I told you, two of my best friends that I've know since first grade are die hard Red Sox fans and eastern CT is Red Sox country so I get caught up in the hoopla. Oh yeah, so is Nova Scotia! :D As I mentioned, I don't "hate" the Yankees like many die hard Sox fans because facts are facts, the Yankees are by far the most successful baseball franchise ever in the history of the game and I have a great deal of respect for that. Pettitte won SIX games in August and he's one of my favorites and obviously so is Roger Clemens. A Rod is kicking arse and the Yankees are indeed fun to watch which unfortunately I seldom get to do since the games are blacked out around here. :angry: When I visit Litchfield County, I try and catch a Yankees game on channel 9.

As seadub said, the Yankees are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year (so long as the Tigers don't knock them out of the Wild Card :laugh: ).

I dunno though, if the Yanks win the Wild Card, the Sox have to play Cleveland first and while the Sox will have home field advantage, the Indians are one helluva a team this year so I'd say there's an even money chance that the Sox may not make it to the ALCS. You guys will have to deal with the Angels and that's no cake walk either.

Why does the theme to JAWS keep running through my head? Me thinks there will be some Redsux red blood spilled by weeks end.....

wow, i thought I was the only one that liked baseball lately.

With that said, everyone who hates the yankees sucks :p

wow, i thought I was the only one that liked baseball lately.

With that said, everyone who hates the yankees sucks :p
Try to be a little more creative, would ya. We have an unusually high caliber of Yankee fans here and we RS fans have come to expect more.

Doc.

Pretty quiet around here with that stunning come back the Yankees had last night over the Red Sox in the 8th with 6 runs to win 8-7........ :D :thumbs: :p

A famous Yankee of Italian descent once said, "Id imperfectum manet dum confectum exit".

Doc.