• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yard 'gar reviews

moki

el Presidente
I have an awful lot of yard work to do today that I've been putting off for too long. Weeds to haul off, grass to cut, grub killer to spread, pool to clean, etc, etc. Gonna pass the time with a few cigars. One will definitely be a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Cameroon Lancero. The other I'm not sure yet (I have a large yard).

I will fill in this post with the reviews when I take a break of finish up.

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Cameroon Lancero (7 ½" x 39) -- I'm a huge fan of Litto's DL Lanceros. The regular DL line is a bit too overpowering for me to enjoy fully, but the Lanceros are actually a DL blend with about half of the normal amount of ligero due to their thin vitola.

To date, there have been 3 variants of the LFD Lanceros, all with the same blend, but different wrappers. The first cigar was the LFD Double Ligero natural lancero, the second was the more limited LFD Double Ligero oscuro natural lancero, and finally (the cigar I'm going to be smoking), the LFD Double Ligero Cameroon Lancero.

Litto made 149 boxes of 20 cigars per box of this cigar. 100 signed boxes were sold through PuffStuff cigar shop (whom these cigars were custom made for), 5 boxes were shown/given out at RTDA 2007, and the remaining 44 unsigned boxes have been secured by PuffStuff (presumably for later sale).

Review: Excellent construction, had no burn problems at all, and unlike some lanceros, I've yet to have a LFD Lancero that didn't draw perfectly.

The wrapper had a musty mushroomy scent typical of Cameroon leaf; to the taste, the wrapper is a slightly sweet earthy tasting wrapper. I enjoyed this cigar very much; the spice was somewhat tempered by the sweetness of the wrapper. It tastes kind of like a LFD Double Ligero Lancero, but the wrapper definitely sends it into a different taste realm.

The spice is balanced well by the earthy sweetness, all in all a fantastic smoking experience, with a finish that'll leave you smacking your lips. This cigar is still not for the faint of heart, but it doesn't pack the kick of some of the regular Double Ligero line.

I'm very glad I picked up a bunch of these. Well done, Litto!

Cohiba Robusto (4 ¾" x 50) -- I was gifted this cigar by someone; it started off very floral, almost to the point of being perfumey. Then it turned bitter. Then it canoed. All in all a very poor experience; this cigar was a fake Cohiba, something made various obvious by the lousy taste profile that was sort of like what you'd get if you perfumed a fat chick's underarm, had her run for a few miles, and infused the sweaty perfumed mess into tobacco.

blech.

Damn!

Sounds wonderful!

Why do they always underproduce the truly great smokes? :angry:

Thanks for the review Andrew. I'll have to smoke an LFD "cameroom" shortly.

In other matters, I went to a herf yesterday and someone suggested that they bought a box of these from Arnold's. I went to his site and didn't notice them, but was somewhat perplexed as I thought Al had the key to this production. He didn't seem to be an aficionado, but was firm on the fact that he bought cameroon lanceros. Maybe Al will chime in...