• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yerandy and the Big Freeze

StewNasty69

Well-Known "Member"
Hey folks,
I got some Yerandy Canonozas coming my way sometime soon. This is my first time getting some customs, but won't be my last. Hell, part of my reason for signing with this forum was to track down Johnny_O. I know that Habanos distributors freeze boxes, but I don't imagine Yerandy does. I've never frozen any sticks and have never had an issue with beetles and I don't want to.
I'm not sure my freezer gets quite cold enough to hit that 1 hour @ -20C needed to kill all stages of beetle. I'm getting a thermometer to check, but it's a newer, "normal" freezer over fridge type American made unit. What are my options here that don't involve dropping more money than I spent on sticks on a drop freezer?
Thanks

Putting them separately from any other cigar you have, in a different container or desktop humidor and check regularly. This is what I normally do when I'm unsure. The equivalent of wearing a rubber. Better safe than sorry 👍

Hey folks,
I got some Yerandy Canonozas coming my way sometime soon. This is my first time getting some customs, but won't be my last. Hell, part of my reason for signing with this forum was to track down Johnny_O. I know that Habanos distributors freeze boxes, but I don't imagine Yerandy does. I've never frozen any sticks and have never had an issue with beetles and I don't want to.
I'm not sure my freezer gets quite cold enough to hit that 1 hour @ -20C needed to kill all stages of beetle. I'm getting a thermometer to check, but it's a newer, "normal" freezer over fridge type American made unit. What are my options here that don't involve dropping more money than I spent on sticks on a drop freezer?
Thanks
Have any friends that have a deep freezer, work in a lab, restauraunt, or bait shop?