• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yet another dos capas....Camacho Liberty 2008

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
346800613.jpg

Pre-light: Great draw, no plugs at all whatsoever. The shape is like the classic Camacho 11/18, but is box-pressed and comes in its own individual coffin box. This is a very pleasant looking and aesthetically pleasing cigar, though I don’t get very man distinct flavors drawing through it, hints of raisins and banana nut bread are what come to mind….odd I know.

346800639.jpg

First Third: A very bland and ammonia filled start to a cigar. After only a minute the cigar had to be purged. Afterwards it tasted much better, and became a smoke filled with flavors of cocoa and spice. The burn is slightly faster on one side, but not by much. Every draw is filled with a plethora of smoke, and the draw is perfect. The cigar already ashed itself, and the ash is a mixture of very dark and light grey colors.

346800657.jpg

Second Third: This cigar is a lot more complex than I expected it to be, though I experienced the constant changing of flavors in all of the 11/18 sizes I’ve smoked. I just began to notice the cigars aroma…and it’s a very attractive smell….almost like smelling fresh baked cookies from a few rooms away, very subtle, yet sweet and pleasant. The cigar ashed for a second time as the ash reached the point where it became the largest part of the cigar (in terms of ring gauge). The ash is no longer a dirty black and gray, but a smooth, solid gray color. No longer any ammonia, and an overall pleasant smoke.

346800683.jpg

Final Third: At this point the burn had completely corrected itself, and the cigar was evenly lit. The cigar seemed to become of a bit more heavier nature, and seemed as though it was more full bodied than the beginning two-thirds of the smoke. The flavors are more robust in nature, and are full of spice and remind me of burnt oatmeal raisin cookies, don’t ask why. The cigar had to be purged one more time, as there seems to have been a buildup of ammonia since the initial purging. The cigar finished strong, rich and complex after the final purge.

346800697.jpg

Conclusion: The cigar took about an hour and ten minutes to turn into ash. Overall it was pretty good, but the presence of the ammonia buildup was kind of a turn off. Maybe it was because it was a bit fresh age wise, and there wasn’t enough time given in order to age it to the point the ammonia was no longer present. This was another pleasant “dos capas” cigar, and was of course a very unique shape and size. I had an enjoyable experience, but didn’t feel the urge to nub it. I liked the cigar, but won’t be buying a box given the price for each individual stick.

Really enjoy your reviews! Thanks