• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Are In The Cigar Business!

leafandale

Retalier
If you had the opportunity to get into the business and create, market, and sell your own line of cigars, what would you call them??

Whoa, there are two of the same thread! And me and Marc had similar ideas. Mine in the other version of this thread is: Mono en Fuego. I guess that could be a line of Marc's brand.

lol are you trolling for a new cigar name. :D

how about flor de baloney

Doña Victoria, she is a 94 years-old woman from Suchitoto, el Salvador. I met her a year ago on a trip with my girlfriend, she is one of the last cigar roller of El Salvador, and she does it all by hand, no tool except a chaveta. Her cigars are far from being the best I had in my life, but man, she is just THE definiton of cigars to me.......she left a big impact on me..

lol are you trolling for a new cigar name. :D

how about flor de baloney
No, I think Lew used that in another forum. But I do like it! I also like Silo... kind of like Siglo. "Do you have any Silo VI in stock, sir??" :D

I would need help from the Spanish speaking folks, but "Dark Beauty" , who know if it would sound right .

Then I would hire on some of the best blenders in the business to come up with a blend that is very close , but better than the Anejo, my entire line would be sweet maduro wrapped, and AVAILABLE. People would say "I use to like the Anejo but", and none of my BOTL would ever have to deal with the BULLS@#T twice a year availability issues or the price gouging that goes on with my favorite cigar. All would be aged a few years after rolling, sizes.. PC, Robusto and a Torpedo.

A yearly special release of the limited "Dark Hussy" (need translation again) would be a torp that has a minimum of 4 yrs on them. Ok, maby I need to refine the name a tad on this one ??? .

Now I am heading out to the shop to put fire to an aged #55 to think about my marketing strategy. :cool:

Seriously though, I think it would be a pretty cool business to be in. I am sure it is hard work, and quite a gamble with mother nature a constant threat to you're livelyhood.

Fumee, of course! Also, I'd like Catherine, after Catherine the Great, who invented the cigar band so as to not soil her gloves with tobacco.