• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You don't say?

:0 Well, SHIT! I almost want to test the system! :laugh:

Do the patriotic thing. Smoke American. Padilla 8/11, Jose Pepin Garcia, Tatuate, Cabiguan, Flor de Gozales Gold, LGC Miami, etc. And smoke better. :thumbs:

Doc.

Now it looks like there will be a bigger problem for those who such things.

Breaking the law is breaking the law, and anyone engaging in "those" transactions should be prepared to deal with the consequences.

That said, this and another article that I read lead me to believe that this task force is being formed to lean on parties doing business with, and folks traveling to, Cuba more than anything else.

I will further mention that the above opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. Holiday Inn Express won't even let me stay there.

Edited to add:

In the long run, this might be a good thing. If the fedgov pushes too hard on someone who has the resources to fight back, maybe we'll see a successful challenge against what, IMO, is a foolish law.

Heathen communist bastids! Damned fine cigars, tho.

cognitive dissonance...

"The United States will pursue more aggressively violators of a US trade embargo against Cuba, a US prosecutor said, in an effort to topple the communist regime."

Has not seemed to work yet but lets put another 80 million into a 2 year program to see if we can get it done quicker ??? :angry:

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if the Task Force consists of undercover agents posing as members in online forums..... :laugh:

Sorry, just a thought.

Can't they see that the embargo hasn't worked in the past 40yrs and won't start working tomorrow?

The way to change a Communist country is to capitalize it, like is happening in China or in Viet Nam. It's absolutely pathetic that the most powerful country in the world hasn't been able to affect change in a rather poor island 90 miles sound of Florida. Isolating it has never worked (you know, like say, North Korea is isolated...). If Cuban Americans wanted a free Cuba and not some sort of repayment for their parent's confiscated property, they'd want the embargo out, but they don't want a free Cuba, they want their parent's property and money back (and the whole grudge thing against Castro).

If Cuban Americans wanted a free Cuba and not some sort of repayment for their parent's confiscated property, they'd want the embargo out, but they don't want a free Cuba, they want their parent's property and money back (and the whole grudge thing against Castro).

I'm not about to get into the whole politics and history of this issue. But, suffice it to say, this is hardly the case, and I would caution you against making such a hugely broad statement like that, and somehow thinking you're aware of what exiles and Cuban citizens desire. Unless you are somehow stating your own situation and what you desire from Castro and want for Cuba.

"Whole grudge thing"???...yeah, you could call it a "grudge," though that only scratches the surface. In so much as one would harbor a "grudge" against a tyrant, terrorist, murderer and one who imprisoned anyone who cast a sideways glance at him that was not "favorable."

Can't help but wonder if your post/viewpoint is anyway colored by your choice of quotes...Billy Bragg? Care to enlighten the others as to his, long-time political disposition? I'll be glad to... =)

I surely can't speak for Cubans and their decendants living in the US, but I can say that there is no doubt in my mind that Cubans in Cuba are worse off with the embargo than they would be without it.

"The United States will pursue more aggressively violators of a US trade embargo against Cuba, a US prosecutor said, in an effort to topple the communist regime."

Has not seemed to work yet but lets put another 80 million into a 2 year program to see if we can get it done quicker ??? :angry:

The 80 million is going toward reform once the embargo is lifted. Other money will haev to be used for a task force. You'd think after all these years that a 'task force' would have come up with a plan already.

This is about politics and votes:

"Acosta denied that his announcement, less than a month away from US legislative elections, was motivated by politics, but was the "appropriate time" to do so."

The above line is friggin' BS. Of course this is about elections. If it wasn't then the task force idea would have some about as soon as Castro gave up power. An oh - by the way - Condi is co-chair on this comittee....think she's looking for some retirement property - or investments- on a nice Island South of Miami?! This is a was for the people in power to get first shot at things in Cuba. Next Acosta will be holding some office down there when the embargo breaks and he can look like a hero.

ehhhmm...back to cigar smoking! Enjoy the day!

cigargirl.jpg

Do the patriotic thing. Smoke American. Padilla 8/11, Jose Pepin Garcia, Tatuate, Cabiguan, Flor de Gozales Gold, LGC Miami, etc. And smoke better. :thumbs:

Doc.

Just curious Doc. Your above mentioned smokes, are these your preferred smokes or just mentioning some NC as an example?

Brian

lol what a crock... more money thrown down the poop-chute IMO.

The embargo hasn't worked, longer than I've been alive, it damn sure isn't going to work now.

As long as Cuba has a market in almost the rest of the world, they will continue to thumb their nose at Washington.

As long as Cuba has a market in almost the rest of the world, they will continue to thumb their nose at Washington.

This is exactly what most people miss...the fact that they think the US has such an impact on the present situation in Cuba, while Cuba ACTIVELY trades with virtually every other economy/nation in the world. The destitution which exists in Cuba is not a product of any US embargo...it is directly attributable to the greed and controlling hand of Fidel.

Doc.

Just curious Doc. Your above mentioned smokes, are these your preferred smokes or just mentioning some NC as an example?

Brian
They are,presently, my favorite smokes. They are as good as any made anywhere in the world.

Doc.