• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You ever feel jilted?

sonuvabum

Boobies...'cause I likes 'em
Reaction score
Had a smoke Sunday. It was not a great stick. I knew it before I fired it up, but it was a gift and the gentleman really wanted me to enjoy it.

I gave it three tries. Never could get happy with it. Finally gave it up about half way through.

After he left, I realized the night would not be complete until I had something else. That's right, I felt jilted.

So, I went to the humi and got me a Short Story. Su-weet!! Much better!! Took it to the nub and later went inside a happy man.

:D

I hate when this happens. I find that no matter how good the second stick may be, it never lives up to it's potential because the first stick ruined my palate.

Last night I lit up a Padron lonsdale. I saw that it scored well in the last CA, so figured WTF. Needless to say, it tasted like a dirty ashtray. Put it out within the first inch. Feeling jilted, I reached for a petit edmundo from early '07. Perfection!

Smoke em if you got em...

mac

I can't say I've ever felt jilted by a gift. I give all the gift cigars I receive a good try. Some are amazing, some aren't amazing, but I've never felt cheated or jilted by smoking someone was thoughtful enough to give me as a gift.

I have felt jilted by cigars I have purchased though when they weren't as good as expected or touted.

Last time I felt jilted I had lit up an Opus #5 just to discover it tasted horrible, I wound up tossing it pretty quickly into the smoke, I proceeded to light up another cigar (I think it was a party short) and discovered it was plugged.

The Opus I think needed to be laid down for a long nap, and the party short was just bad luck. Unfortunately I wasn't home and those were the only two cigars I had with me, it was pretty disappointing.

Yeah I've felt jilted. I don't ean to look a gift horse in the mouth but my boss bought me a Winston Churchill the other day and it tasted like crap. I didn't even finish it, and for me ( just ask Dean) is amaszing in itself. I tried to smoke it but it tased of bad hay/grass, very young and BAD. I felt bad for not liking a gift stick, thankfully my boss was not there to smoke it with me. It was horrible, especially for $13+ a stick.

I can't say I've ever felt jilted by a gift. I give all the gift cigars I receive a good try. Some are amazing, some aren't amazing, but I've never felt cheated or jilted by smoking someone was thoughtful enough to give me as a gift.

I have felt jilted by cigars I have purchased though when they weren't as good as expected or touted.

OMG!! Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't speaking to the gift aspect at all as much as the fact it was a pretty Sunday afternoon and my brain was prepared for a nice enjoyable smoke. I may be a little rough around the edges, but I'm not an ass. :D Many of you can relate to the well intentioned friend that wants to make a nice gesture but gives you something difficult to enjoy. :whistling: The only thing you can do is work your way through it, be gracious, and try to subtly educate them later . ;)

My psyche was much better and my head was satisfied after the follow-up smoke. I no longer felt I had missed out on something.

I hope this clarifies my story a bit.

Last time I felt jilted was when the three sisters, Carmen, Maria and Esperanza left me in Tia Juana. Oh that is another story, carry on fellas.

I am left very unsatisfied when a smoke is not as good as expected. I took the time to relax and enjoy and the cigar did not do its part; so I have to smoke another.

Ken

Last night I lit up a Padron lonsdale. I saw that it scored well in the last CA, so figured WTF. Needless to say, it tasted like a dirty ashtray...

I had an identical experience with a Padron Londres Monday night.

I have felt jilted. About a month before my 50th birthday I purchased a Hemmingway Classic Natural just for that occasion. When the day came, I sat out by the fire pit on a very cool evening, lit the cigar and just about died. It tasted like a bad cigarette. I was so depressed. I had heard so much about the Hemmingway and how great they were. I did not even make it half way through it.

Later, I tried another one of the Hemmingway line in a maduro and it was fantastic.

jef

Last time I felt jilted was when the three sisters, Carmen, Maria and Esperanza left me in Tia Juana. Oh that is another story, carry on fellas.

Oh you KNOW I am going to get the rest of that tale of woe out of you the next time we meet, Anthony!

- Tim

The last time I had "jilted" experience with a cigar was the

31 dollars a stick (converted from Euro) "Davidoff Limited Edition 2007 Puro Dominicano"

I tried my hardest to like it but I thought it just plain sucked. So did the second one I smoked.

Bitter and Bland.

Haven't bought a Davidoff since.

I'm not sure if it was as much feeling jilted as it was disappointment, but the last Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario I smoked flat out sucked. I chunked it before I got 1/3 of the way done. I've never been much of a Fuente fan anyways, but I guess the pricetag on this cigar had my expectations way on up there and I was sorely disappointed with the cigar.

OMG!! Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't speaking to the gift aspect at all as much as the fact it was a pretty Sunday afternoon and my brain was prepared for a nice enjoyable smoke. I may be a little rough around the edges, but I'm not an ass. :D Many of you can relate to the well intentioned friend that wants to make a nice gesture but gives you something difficult to enjoy. :whistling: The only thing you can do is work your way through it, be gracious, and try to subtly educate them later . ;)

My psyche was much better and my head was satisfied after the follow-up smoke. I no longer felt I had missed out on something.

I hope this clarifies my story a bit.
I've been out of town, thus my late reply. :)

I don't think you're an ass, but I think "jilted" may have been the wrong word to use when describing the experience you had. Jilted implies an expectation based on what you put into the experience. To me it means feeling ripped off or cheated in some way. Since you (speaking in the general here) put nothing into a gift you receive, there's really no reason to feel that way.

Disappointed I could see if the experience didn't live up to expectations, but a person should never feel cheated by a gift. As you said, that person would be an ass. :laugh:

:)

Last night I lit up a Padron lonsdale. I saw that it scored well in the last CA, so figured WTF. Needless to say, it tasted like a dirty ashtray. Put it out within the first inch. Feeling jilted, I reached for a petit edmundo from early '07. Perfection!

A Padrón that tastes like a dirty ashtray? :blush: