• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Gotta Check This Out !

Captain B

A friend just sent this to me. You gotta check it out - New Honda Commercial

Believe it or not, there are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as You see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete the two minute sequence.

It is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself Simply in ''free'' viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial).

When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation -- including the costs. There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. The voiceover Is Garrison Keillor.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have become. They fell off their Chairs when they found out it was for real. Even those crazy windshield Wipers on the new Accords have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet.

The only thing I have trouble believing in the commerical is the tires rolling up the incline just from a little bounce.

Other than that, quite impressive.

ALostTexan

Same here - Both my wife and I don't get the tire thing.

Can anyone explain that? :lookup:

Coupla years ago, I 'volunteered' to help my wife's daughter and her Rube-Goldberg machine. This Honda ad is one of the greatest examples I've ever seen :)

Hey Horse - your avatar has a little problem. The server appears up, but your account page is missing.

Did you finally graduate? :D

As Captain B said, this was done completely useing parts from the vehicle. The tire's rolling uphill was the hard part for most people to believe but they did get that tire to roll uphill. This was accomplished by attaching nuts and bolts (from the car) to the inside of the tires and then balancing them so that the weight was at the top of the tires. When the tires get bumped...the weight rolls the tire. Notice how each tire only rolls about a half turn before setting off the next tire? Absolutly ingenious...... :thumbs:

DaveWF said:
Hey Horse - your avatar has a little problem. The server appears up, but your account page is missing.

Did you finally graduate? :D
Didn't graduate, got laid off. Recently went to cable at home... I'll upload my stuff to my new account soon.