• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You say Padron Fumas, but have you tried QUORUM?

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
I'm a sucker for fumas. They are great, but my local shop's still out, this is going on there third week, so I was told to give Quorums a try. Being a 1.50 for a churchill I thought, "Why not?" Well, I love them. I bought a bundle of them. They are great. They don't have the worst taste. I think it runs about the same as a fuma (of couse the Fuma is better). And they are great pick me ups. Most of the ones I've got in my humidor are not ones you want to smoke the day after you get them. These are awesome. The churchill is my favorite. If you like a cheap smoke from time to time, try them. I take 5 with me and hand them out to friends when I want to smoke, so they can't complain.

Quorum... I smoked one or two back when I started with cigars. They were cheap and I couldn't tell good from bad, err, still can't but that's beside the point... Anyways, point of this is that even then, I thought the Quorums tasted like sh*t. But as with all cigars, to each their own. One man's dog sticks is another man's gold.

For a couple of quarters more, you can get some Padron Londres or for a few more quarters, get some 2000s. Those are well worth the extra coin.

$60 for a box of 2000M @ buymorecigars.com = $2.40 a stick

I smoked enough dog rockets this year to last me several years. I still smoke cheap cigars, but I now try singles of the cheapies at prices that seem too good to be true.

Another great cheap cigar is Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote. You can get a box of 20 for $42 shipped. I split a box with Hungsolo and soon regretted not just buying a whole box myself.

I have also recently did a 3 way split the $30 any size smokes from Mike's: Lusitania by Perdomo, La Flor del Caney by Matasa, and Mantequilla X Maduro. I have had other cigars from all 3 of these manufacturers that I have liked.

I tried the LFdC (I bought the Bouquet, which is a nice 5" double taper figurado with a cameroon wrapper) on Monday and the quality of its construction was outstanding. The ash went clear to the band before I knocked it off while removing the band. The taste was straightforward mild cameroon though it seemed a bit young. For $30 a box I don't mind aging them.

If you like the Quorums don't let yourself be talked out of them by all means. On the other hand there are a LOT of great cheap cigars on the market right now. If you find yourself avoiding them in your humidor time and time again send them to Joe M. :D

-Matt-

Padron must have recently opted to open up the market for their Fumas outside the Little Havana area. I saw the Fumas selling from MD Cigars, then at El Fumado, and then today I saw them as a 5-pack open for bid on cigarbid.com.

Mojo

I did a small review on them awhile back, which you can view here. It isn't a widely known cigar, though someone posted on my thread that an Arturo Fuente distributor produces them. As an everyday cigar, it is fairly decent. :D :)

other1 said:
Isn't this kind of oxymoronic?
Ehhh, go ahead and have a few on me.

QUORUM.JPG

:sign: :D :D :D

You may call me crazy, but I had one of these that a friend gave me that he received from some one on here, and I know it had at least 4 months of age on it. That is just how long he had it, and I don't know how long the person that gave it to him had it. This cigar was VERY reminiscent of the Padron 1964 that is my favorite cigar overall right now. I hit the shop to see how much they were and was absolutely shocked to find out they were only $1.50. Had to pick up a few of these and they are aging as I type.
B

Dale and me smoked a lot of them back when we couldn't get any better.

And we both think they are pretty good yard-gars.

The newman family doesn't make bad cigars.

I like the Fumas too. My first one was in Little Havana. A friend from Miami sent me a box one year. I have tried Quarums. Not bad, however, I am in a place in my life now where I smoke really good cigars. My friend Ed often refers to me as a cigar snob.

When I first heard about the Fumas I knew I wanted to try a couple. Then shortly after that I heard that they were being discontinued. :(

Oh well. I guess I'll stick to my theory that life's to short to smoke short filler :laugh: . (I do know there are some very good short filler cigars out there. I just haven't had many I cared for.)