• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Young Coconuts

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like trying new types of food, especially exotic food. I decided to buy a "Young Coconut" this past weekend at the market. Young Coconuts are from Thailand. They're a little different than your typical Hawaiian coconuts, in that the top of the "nut" can easily be popped off with a knife (much easier than your typical coconut). The fruit is completely filled with juice, which they say is healthy (not to mention very tasty). The fruit inside is like jello, and can be easily scrapped off with a spoon. It tastes just like coconut jello - tender, moist and sweet. This is now my all time favorite fruit! Next I'll try Durian fruit. ;)

Here's a picture
coconuty.jpg

Learn more here: http://www.youngcoconuts.com/index.htm

Just thought I'd share... Oh, and when you're finished with the coconut, it makes a great cigar ashtray! I'm drying a couple out right now... :)

Rod, you've gone completely nuts! :sign: :laugh:

Kidding aside, I've never heard of these. I like coconuts too! Maybe have to order up a couple and try them out...if nothing else, have a couple ashtrays on hand!

LOL...nice....if you can take down durian, I'll have to buy you a drink. A coworker once brought it into the office and the CFO said, "WTF is that smell, did somebody take a sh$t in here or what?"

mhm, they are good, had to hack ours open with a hacksaw, but it was delicious. they sell em at wal mart here.

These are yummy. My favorite when I was growing up. At most Asian supermarkets, you can pick up cans/bottles of coconut juice that contains the pulp from young coconuts. Not as good as the fresh ones, but still yummy and great for lazy asses like me.

Just add rum and put in the fridge and then drink!

....when I saw "Young Coconuts" I figured I was in for some teen age bewbies. Guess not..... :p

LOL...nice....if you can take down durian, I'll have to buy you a drink. A coworker once brought it into the office and the CFO said, "WTF is that smell, did somebody take a sh$t in here or what?"

Just keep in mind that the durian they sell here in the US has been frozen for its journey to our shores. These are pale imitations of the fresh durian in Asia. Kind of like the taste of previously frozen strawberries versus fresh ones.

Just keep in mind that the durian they sell here in the US has been frozen for its journey to our shores. These are pale imitations of the fresh durian in Asia. Kind of like the taste of previously frozen strawberries versus fresh ones.

Growing up in Asia, I used to be able to eat durian, "balut" and all kinds of exotic stuff. Now I can't stand the smell of durian. Go figure.

Just how young were those "coconuts" you sampled?

(this inquiry prompted by the riveting "To Catch A Coconut Predator.")

I guess I gotta cut back on my Discovery Channel...because I saw the "young coconuts" topic and thought, "Oh yeah, I saw that on 'Survivor Man'"....