• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your best cigar experiences

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
I really enjoy a cigar that burns evenly and stays lit for me the entire way down. What cigars or brand of cigars give you the best smoking experience in terms of burn consistency and lighting properties?? I hate, hate when a cigar keeps going out and I have to re-light it a number of times. For me, I've found that Padrón cigars generally stay lit all the way down without me having to nurse it too much.

So what are your experiences?

I do have to Agree with the Padron. They're some of the best smoking cigars IMHO. Also way up there for me is a well stored Fuente.

I've had good luck with almost all higher end sticks, probably more exceptions to the rule than ones that burn shitty. If they're kept right, I usually don't have a problem.

I'm going to agree Padrons and Fuentes have rarely given me a problem. Especially Anniversary's and '26's.

I have some PAN Torps that smoke incredibly. Tasty, rich, full....just awesome. I'd agree that the guys at Padron don't seem to know how to make a bad cigar. The little '64 Principe is one of my all time favorite AM coffee cigars.

I've also got some Anejos with a couple of years on them that are among the finest cigars I've ever smoked. Interestingly, I'm not a huge fan of the shark; the 48 and 49 are my favorites with the 48 probably having a slight edge in my book.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Being a noob, my best experience was when I lived in Rochester, NY. Every other Sunday night was poker night with my friends, I would light up an Excalibur #1 and could nurse that most of the night with out having to touch it. Nice mellow smoke and didn't bug the other guys! Thanks for the memory!

I really enjoy a cigar that burns evenly and stays lit for me the entire way down. What cigars or brand of cigars give you the best smoking experience in terms of burn consistency and lighting properties?? I hate, hate when a cigar keeps going out and I have to re-light it a number of times. For me, I've found that Padrón cigars generally stay lit all the way down without me having to nurse it too much.

I've found that more of my problem in this area was my smoking style than the cigar itself. Uneven Burn usually resulted if I was rushing a cigar and it would go out if I BSed more than I smoked. However... LFD, Monte (ISOM), Punch Rare Corojo, Fuente (all), and Padron have all treated me well when I pay attention to my pacing. OTOH, CAO, Partagas and a few others usually tend to either be uneven or go out no matter what I do (not that I don't enjoy them still, they are just "higher maintenance" sticks to me).

-K-

Then stop smoking crappy cigars.

My best experience is not smoking but here goes.
A very good friend of my wife come around to visit and asked me what I was into so I showed her my Cigar collection.
Upon opening my small Humi she took a smell and a tear come to her eye, I asked what was wrong and she said her Granddad smoked Cigars and the smell of my Humi took her to him. I nearly cried myself I felt so touched by it. A bit soppy I know but I guess you had to be there.
My next best experience was my first Padron

My best experience is not smoking but here goes.
A very good friend of my wife come around to visit and asked me what I was into so I showed her my Cigar collection.
Upon opening my small Humi she took a smell and a tear come to her eye, I asked what was wrong and she said her Granddad smoked Cigars and the smell of my Humi took her to him. I nearly cried myself I felt so touched by it. A bit soppy I know but I guess you had to be there.
My next best experience was my first Padron

Got to love it - nice story.

My grandson is 10 months old. Whenever he is around I put my cigar under his nose before firing up. His nose twitches, looks at me like I'm
fng nuts and goes about his business. One day when I fall off the perch, I'm sure he will remember me when he smells a cigar.

Brian

Then stop smoking crappy cigars.

Sometimes the best solution is also the most simple.

The cigar that consistently smokes the best for me are the Padron Serie '26.

I have numerous "experiences" that qualify as the best, but they all have one theme. On the UMCP (Unit Made Cigar Patio) in Baghdad, Iraq with my brothers.