• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite corn recipe?

Several ears fresh Iowa sweet corn, shucked.
Big pot o' water, boiling.
Put corn in water for 10 minutes.
Remove corn, roll it on a stick of butter, and chow down.

My favorite is to soak it in water for a few minutes in the husk, and throw it on the grill (still in the husk). Then I like to used seasoned butter. Soften a stick or two, blend in your favorite seasoning, and refrigerate until firm again. I like to use a Cajun blend of seasoning.

Corn Fritters.
Damn if I can give a recipe. I do it all by eye, etc.
Oh well. Sorry :whistling:

I'll try to figure out quantities. which means I have to make a batch, and write it all down for you,

Deep Fried Corn on the Cob.

Take frozen ears and deep fry them in a turkey cooker. Mmmmmm Good. :p

Get the water boiling before you pick the corn.

Doc.

Anyone got a good corn recipe theyd like to share?

My wife loves corn warmed up in a cast-iron pan on the bbq, with plenty of butter and chile powder (literally enough so that the corn looks dirty). Wonderful stuff.

I rub the ears with extra virgin olive oil, then salt and pepper liberaly (spelling), then wrap in foil. Throw 'em on the grill, then enjoy.

My favorite is similar to JayBay's. Only I remove the silk first, carefully so the husk can be put back in place. Soak in Salt Water for 15 - 30 minutes. Then put on the grill. Some rows of the corn will get browned a little and they are so sweet. Butter, salt, and enjoy.

I husk it, soak it and grill it until it's toasted, almost crunchy. Do keep an eye on it, from toasty to charred it's just about a heartbeat. I've been meaning to try doing this in the rotisserie (sp?), but so far I turn them by hand. Tongues damage the corn, so wear a fresh pair of gardening gloves to rotate them, and do it quickly. My wifes puts salted butter on them, and that's good, but I prefer them naked.

Long time ago we used to bury them and then make a fire over them and let it burn for a half hour, maybe forty minutes and dig them out. It's like steamed, but much firmer and not quite as "wet". Sprinkle a bit of sea salt on them if it fancies you, but again I prefer them without. Incidentally, you can do the same with potatoes. Sweet potatoes are best tossed into the fire and let to char on the outside, but that's another thread.

Husk
Brush with Olive Oil
Grill until golden, turning often
Take sharp knife and cut kernels off by holding perpendicular to cutting board
Place in a bowl
Toss in a little kosher sea salt, chopped cilantro and chili powder and splash with lime

Pull the husk back a little and put a couple table spoons of butter, then some salt, pepper and sprinkle some dill on it, then pull husks back up, wrap in aluminum foil and throw in on the grill...

We don't eat much corn in our house since we found out son is allergic to it. However, here is a favorite recipe.

Corn Casserole

2 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup melted butter, 16oz can whole kernel corn, 16 oz can cream style corn, and 1 box of jiffy corn muffin mix.

Blend all the ingredients together in a casserole dish. Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake for another 15-20 minutes ( or until knife comes out clean).

serves 8-10.