• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your input for humidor options.

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
A) Double wineadors by either Whynter or NewAir
With heartfelt beads and air circulating fan.

B) Bob Staebell Aristocrat Cabinet
With humidification devices.

C) small/medium custom built walk in
With humidification fans/devices.

And lastly...

D) Double 120qt. Coolidors with heartfelt beads, and fans for air circulation.

What can you offer, per your experience(s)?

One of these options will be part of my new home.

Please share pros/cons, what you think ideal budget for each setup is.
Thanks.
C

...well, my Staebell cabinet is going on eight years old, and it's wonderful.  It can be moved as required.  Mine has temp and RH control.  If your home has central air you probably could get away without the temp control but I have to say it's nice.  The quality of the cabinet is flawless.  As an added bonus, Bob Staebell is probably the nicest guy on the planet to do business with.

All in all, I'd buy another one tomorrow.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

Don't rule out a cabinet from Avallo either. While he doesn't have all of the exotic wood options as Staebell, the prices and construction are excellent.
Certainly they are more affordable, plus it comes with an Avallo humidifier system.

Sounds like your trying to elevate the your storage conditions beyond the coolers if your considering a small walk-in or cabinet humidor.

Cost wise, I would suspect you could have a small walk-in completed for the cost of a cabinet?

Obviously, the coolers are the cheapest option and are foolproof...

CMontoya79 said:

This gets my vote.  Since you're in the construction stage, get a quote on having them add a walk-in or built-in, in your basement.  The constant temp of the basement would be a benefit as well. 

CMontoya79 said:

Wait.... Do you mean that you didn't build the humidor first and then the house around it? Preposterous :laugh:

That gets my vote as well, I'm sure that you will live in this new house for many moons to come so it's safe to say that this would be worth it.