• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Super Bowl Pick

Who would've you picked the Monday after the Championship games?

• Arizona Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Hardly anyone TODAY give the Cardinals a chance against the tough Steelers Defense. Most folks quoting history have a short memory going back to last year I guess.

The Giants didn't stand a chance against the Pats regardless of the 3 teams they beat to get there....remember the book that was written about the undefeated New England Patriots season ready for print up in Boston before the game was even played?

I've had a tradition of making my selection within a day or two after watching the Championship games. The 2 teams are still fresh in MY mind...not influenced by all the hype. Barring any catastrophic injuries of course.

Warner lead his team back (having lost the lead) to victory and if it wasn't for an interception for a TD...Big Ben looked like sh*t and had problems moving the ball....remember?

Who would you have picked the day after those games to win the Super Bowl with no hype involved?

Who would you pick now?

Being a Rams fan, I've always like Warner....I hope he does well and pulls it off.

I think he's the better leader and quarterback and I hope that it shows.

I like Warner and Fitzgerald is awesome......but the Steelers are a far better "team".

Barring crazy plays like kick-off or punt returns, turnovers, freak plays, etc. it should be a dominant day by the Steelers

I selected the Steelers on both questions. I do not watch or listen to the hype. I think Pittsburgh is the tougher of the two. None of the teams that Arizona beat were as good as Pittsburgh IMHO. Believe me, I am not a Pittsburgh fan.

I will be pulling for Arizona.

Ken

This is cute

f_Troym_f5c6978.png

Go Steelers!

I placed a small wager in Vegas at the beginning of the season on them to win the Superbowl at 22/1.

(actually, I placed small wagers on the Colts, Chargers, and Cowboys too…)

I don’t recall what the odds were on the Cards, but I’m sure they were HUGE! I’d love to be holding one of those little slips with the Cards on it right now.

I always root for my beloved Packers but I digress.

Really thought the Ravens had a shot.

I'm going for Steelers.

I really hope for a good game. The kind that goes down to the wire.

I selected the Steelers on both questions. I do not watch or listen to the hype. I think Pittsburgh is the tougher of the two. None of the teams that Arizona beat were as good as Pittsburgh IMHO. Believe me, I am not a Pittsburgh fan.

I will be pulling for Arizona.

Ken

I'm a lifelong Steeler fan, as my Dad was a season ticket holder from 1952 up to the move to Heinz Field, but I have to disagree with the above statement.

The Eagles beat up the Steelers on 9/21/08 much worse than the 15-6 score indicates, they were all over Big Ben the whole game, and Arizona beat the Eagles on a great last drive.

Atlanta had won 4 of their past 5 games including wins over two playoff teams. Again, Arizona's defense held them in check in the 4th quarter.

Carolina had one of the best home records this season, and Arizona blew them out at Carolina playing some great defense.

The Steelers, on the other hand, played keep away from San Diego who only had one offensive play in the entire 3rd quarter, and beat a tired Baltimore team with more great defense, but struggled offensively.

On paper, it looks like a walk over for the Steelers, but that's why they play the game, and an Arizona "upset" would not surprise me, especially if The Cardinals grab an early lead. Pittsburgh isn't built to play from behind.

I don’t recall what the odds were on the Cards, but I’m sure they were HUGE! I’d love to be holding one of those little slips with the Cards on it right now.

I got it at 90:1 from my online book in Early September. Took them, and Buffalo at 100:1. . . both were looking fantastic in week 6, trash in week 13. . . never thought it would make this far.

[/quote]I got it at 90:1 from my online book in Early September. Took them, and Buffalo at 100:1. . . both were looking fantastic in week 6, trash in week 13. . . never thought it would make this far.
[/quote]

There is nothing like 90:1 payout to make a game more interesting. Good Luck.

I got it at 90:1 from my online book in Early September. Took them, and Buffalo at 100:1. . . both were looking fantastic in week 6, trash in week 13. . . never thought it would make this far.

Good luck with the wager. That would be a nice payday.

I think I'm going to see that 100yd pick-6 in my sleep for the next 3 months.

Thanks for the Well Wishes guys. Had Az +7, so wasn't all for naught, but I didn't hedge that future at all. . .

Agonizing game to watch.