• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Z-Plus Zippo insert

PetersCreek

Codger-in-training
My Z-Plus butane Zippo insert arrived Saturday...

History: I long ago had a German-made gas insert but it had a soft flame. It finally stopped working after a couple of years but I was back in the good old U.S. of A. by that time and could find no replacement. I sure got a lot of strange looks when asking around. Finally, I start hearing about this Z-Plus thing on the cigar boards and I ordered one.

The Z-Plus is even spiffier than my old insert, what with having the torch flame and all. I can toast the foot of my favorite sticks from about 3 feet away. All right, all right, it's more like 2 inches but still...

My only quibble is cosmetic. My trusty Zippo is the engraved, brass Venetian model with a nice patina. It has a bit of a vintage look and I like it that way. The shiny polished chrome finish on the Z-Plus stands out like a sore anachronism when I flip the lid. Okay, so I'm picky.

$9.95 and I get to use my Zippo again...and have the torch to boot. That's a deal to me.

In answer to Drake's question below, I got mine from Famous-Smoke.com

I just bought one of these this weekend at my local tobacco shop for $9.95. I LOVE IT! It's better than my colibri IMO. The only problem I had was that it fits very snug, so I have to use pliers to get it out. Who doesn't love thier old Zippo? It's been 20 years (high school) since I have used it.

that makes me wish I still had that old Johnny Walker Zippo
Had that thing for years

Bill