• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zarka Hand Made "Zack Edition" Churchill (with pics!)

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
Today I was out and about haunting my favorite Cigar Shop/Lounge here in Temecula, So Cal, "Zack's Cigar Lounge." After a half hour conversation with the owner, Zack, he directs me around his walk-in humidor, pointing out little bits of information and nuances of each cigar he carries. I knew he had his own cigar line, and I mentioned to him that I have yet to try out one of his beauties, so he grabs a Zarka Hand Made "Zack Edition" Churchill cigar off the shelf and hands it to me. He tells me, "This one's on the house. If you like, come back and buy another one, if you don't, never touch it again." With that guarantee, I toddle off with another $50 USD worth of cigars in tow.

I get home and sat down to smoke an AVO tubo, and much to my dismay, it was not what I was looking for. Fast forward to tonight, 2030 hours, and I go outside to try this Zarka creation out...

First, the setup. My cutter, RP ashtray, Colibri butane lighter, and a mug of cream soda. This is my first time trying a cigar with cream soda, but another BOTL recommended it, and I figured I'd try anything once:

S5000782.jpg

And of course, my trusty "smokin' buddy," Misty my dog. She loves to hang with me when I light a stogie:

S5000790.jpg

Now, the stick itself:

S5000788.jpg

Beautifully wrapped in a fine oily maduro wrapper, it feels firm to the touch, but with enough play in it to know that it's been kept in prime condition in Zack's humidor. I cut the tip with my guillotine cutter, and take a few draws to check the filler. It's not too loose where I'm feeling like I'm sucking a straw, but it's not so hard that I'd struggle to keep it lit.

Here's a picture of the band (a little too bright, but bear with my $150 USD camera!):

S5000793.jpg

I toast her up and set to draggin' on, creating HUGE white plumes of smoke...beautiful!:

S5000804.jpg

The first third I'm tasting mildly harsh leather, with a touch of a nutty taste I can't place. The cigar is reaching it's prime in the second third, but for now it's nothing to write home about other than the fact it's a little overpowering. Another "pleasure crusher" is the fact that, IMHO, cigars+cream soda= DO NOT MIX. I pop inside real quick to switch out my mug of cream soda to my trusted tumbler of cranberry juice, and step back outside into the cold night to continue on my trek.

S5000809.jpg

Then I start venturing into the second third, and boy oh boy is this where she shines! It's creamy, loaded with flavor, I could just puff on this cigar all day! I start tasting hints of spices that begin to burn the back of my throat, and a head rush that's coming at me like a linebacker in a blitz:

S5000813.jpg

S5000815.jpg

My smoking buddy passes out on me as she's lacking some sleep, but ever so often she wakes up to let me know she's still there.

I get down to the home stretch and the flavors are still going strong, but an earthy wood-like flavor is peeking out as the spices continue to manifest itself. At this point, I'm really wishing I had another six inches left, but alas, all good things must come to an end:

S5000819.jpg

I smoke it down until my fingers get burned, place it in my tray, and watch as this perfect smoke on a cold Southern California night dwindles away:

S5000821.jpg

EXCELLENT peice by Zack, who tells me he is working on another blend with Rocky Patel at his factory. He told me they're coming out with it in SIX MONTHS! I suppose I'll be "forced" into having to smoke these wonderful cigars for another six months!!

TWO THUMBS WAAAYYYY UP! :thumbs: If any fellow BOTLs are in the area, give Zarka's a shout and grab one of these beauties.

BOTLs out of the area, if you're interested in some, PM me and I'll snag you some and send them out to you!

Happy herfing!

Nice review and pics. I've never heard of these but from your description, I will definitely look them up.

Nice review and pics. I've never heard of these but from your description, I will definitely look them up.

Yeah, they're his own cigar blends made with RP, he's beein doing this for like 16 years or something. I'm not a "promotion whore," or anything like that, but it was just a darn good smoke.