• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Davidoff essay

ZiZiJohn

In my efforts to become more educated about the world of cigars, I've come across several references to an essay written by Zino Davidoff on cigar etiquette. I've seen its main points summarized on many websites (in fact, it looks as though someone's summary has been lifted a good number of times), but I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find a copy of the complete original text.

Is it available online somewhere, or do I have to shell out for some out-of-print cigar handbook from the 1960s in order to read it?

Thanks a lot, guys.

-John

This link should be it. Unless someone has a download of it, it looks like you're gonna have to buy it.

After reading a bit about it, I'm curious as well. Think I'll be picking one up.

I actually have the book already as it was recomended to me. Send me a message and I will send it to the first person who wants to read it and when you are done pass it to someone else and at the end just send it back to me whenever that may be.

I actually have the book already as it was recomended to me. Send me a message and I will send it to the first person who wants to read it and when you are done pass it to someone else and at the end just send it back to me whenever that may be.

You're a generous soul, GCMan. Unfortunately, I'm working in Morocco for the year, and I wouldn't trust the Moroccan postal system to get it to me safely (nor would I want anybody to have to pay the postage over$ea$.) Anybody who's interested, go for it!

For ~$7 used, it just might be worth picking up a copy once I'm back in the States.

Great idea! we can even make it a Davidoff PIF. I'll start it off if nobody has yet.

:cool:

I have an old copy of Davidoff's Connoisseur's Book of the Cigar. Really interesting read and a neat snapshot of cigar culture in the mid-20th century, just after the US's embargo.

Some neat knowledge, but also some strange ideas that thankfully are no longer in vogue, such as Davidoff saying you should stick to only one or two brands in one or two sizes and rarely deviate.

This book is also the source of the "Siboney" myth...if you don't know it already, you'll see it in the book, and just remember no one else who was in the cigar business from that era remembers Cuba doing this and there's about bupkis on paper to back it up either. An entertaining myth, nonetheless though, and maybe a little poke at the commies.