• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Platinum Chubby review

moki

el Presidente
zino_platinum_chubby.jpg

I picked up a pair of Zino Platinum Chubby's a while ago, despite reading some rather mediocre reviews of it. I figured, "What the heck" and gave it a shot. The shape is rather nice, tapered like a torpedo on both ends, and the construction is flawless.

Despite this, I have to say that I was rather unimpressed. I did get a few moments of interesting flavor out of it, but mostly it was an uninteresting smoke to me, and left a bit of a "burnt ashtray" aftertaste in my mouth. It lit easily, and burnt well... but unfortunately, I didn't feel compelled to smoke this one to the end.

I'm going to have to put this one up there with the Monte Cristo Platinum's: good smokes that are impeccably constructed, but largely uninteresting and forgettable. The other trait of the Monte Cristo Platinum that the Zino Platinum Chubby picked up on and raised to new levels is the price.

If this were a $4 smoke, I'd likely consider it worthwhile. It isn't bad by any means, it just isn't anything special, in my opinion. However, this is not a $4 smoke, this is a significantly more expensive one: about $11 or so, depending on your retailer.

At that price, I'm afraid I'll have to give this one a pass. I won't be buying any more of them. I'm sure there are some people that would greatly enjoy this cigar; it doesn't have any outstandingly bad qualities, but for me just doesn't have any outstandingly good ones either. Add the price into the equation, and, well... forget it.

Good assessment. It's a bit overpriced, but its still a rather tasty, albeit mild cigar. I'd say it's pretty similar to the AVO 77, which I absolutely love. :)

Hate to say it BUT

I TOLD YOU SO :p

too weak for the price. you could have smoked a vsg and got your money's worth

Triple_D said:
Hate to say it BUT

Damn, and I was gonna send you a bunch of Padrón 1926's, WOAM's, and Añejo's... but now... bah!!!!! :lookup:

moki said:
Triple_D said:
Hate to say it BUT

Damn, and I was gonna send you a bunch of Padrón 1926's, WOAM's, and Añejo's... but now... bah!!!!! :lookup:
Damn, Me and my big mouth :0