• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Platinum Series

UTKhodgy

Legal Aficionado
I just picked up three Zino Platinum stouts for free through a promotion at the local Cigar Depot and was just wondering if these high dollar gars have anything special to them. High quality for the high dollar?

Im going to put a little age on these anyways.

UTKhodgy said:
I just picked up three Zino Platinum stouts for free through a promotion at the local Cigar Depot and was just wondering if these high dollar gars have anything special to them. High quality for the high dollar?

Im going to put a little age on these anyways.
[snapback]202164[/snapback]​

I'm guessing Knox Cigar?? :p

They had a zino tasting recently. They are good sticks. Don't need age. They are a little bit too mild for my taste, although I like the crown series chubby as a celebration cigar. ;)

Actually I am in Memphis for now, the good old permanent home. I am in Knoxville for college. But I could definitely use a little inside info on the best cigar shops in Knox. as with the hype of the upcoming football season there will need to be a lot of celebration cigars!!!

IMHO, I wouldn't age these for long. Maybe 6 weeks n the humi just to stabilize and burn straight. It isn't that I think these wont age well. But I think they will lose flavor potency. Just my 2 cents.

And yes, high quality for high dollar. Good value? Not for my dollar, but hey, I like a bunch of mid-range smokes.

Emo

Good to hear. I will most likely light one up next time I hit the TPC up for free golf. That and I may give one out to a friend or so. I mean, who doesn't enjoy getting at $16 cigar for FREE!?

EDIT: Great news. I also won one of the door prizes they were giving out... 2 more Zino Platinum Stouts and a pack of cedar matches.

This gives me 5 so I will definitely not hesitate to light one of these up ASAP. So I'll give my $0.02 soon I suppose.

UTKhodgy,
Glad to know there'll be another college kid (from TN) on the board! There's great shops in Knox, and there's cheap GREAT shops in Knox, so I'll have to get you in the right direction. I would check into Knox Cigar, Smokey's, Smokin' Joes, and Up in Smoke. I live a hour from knox and for the buck, it's always worth it to drive up. Shoot me a PM and i'll get you into the best spots.

KB

I have a 5er of these but they have just been sitting in my humidor. Guess I better smoke them before they get too much age on them. :laugh: