• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zippo lighters

bilder

I have not used a Zippo due to the taste the fluid gives to the tobacco. But I have heard that they changed the formula on the fluid that eliminates the aftertaste. Guess it is the fuel in the black can?

Can anyone verify this? I like Zippos and if the new fuel is as good as I hear, I will be buying a pipe lighter this week.

Thanks!

I use it on cigars.....The taste is much less although I feel it is still there. It seems better if I let the flame burn a little bit before lighting my cigar.

i use ronsonol fuel in both of my zippos, one is a pipe lighter.

just let the flame burn for a few seconds and you will be fine.

I have not used a Zippo due to the taste the fluid gives to the tobacco. But I have heard that they changed the formula on the fluid that eliminates the aftertaste. Guess it is the fuel in the black can?

Can anyone verify this? I like Zippos and if the new fuel is as good as I hear, I will be buying a pipe lighter this week.

Thanks!
Yes, black can.

I think it evaporates faster than the old stuff, but it doesn't leave any odor or taste from my experience. I have not used it to refill an old Zippo, only on a new insert, so that may be a factor. I love how Zippo will give you a new insert and spiff up your old lighter for nothing but the cost of postage. I've converted all of my Zippos to pipe inserts.

There is a new butane Zippo called the Zippo Blu.

I have yet to try a torch for pipe lighting. Seen it done on the Frank Method videos on Youtube. Looks like an effective way to light up, but I am a bit of a coward and afraid to burn the finish on my pipe.

There is a new butane Zippo called the Zippo Blu.

I have yet to try a torch for pipe lighting. Seen it done on the Frank Method videos on Youtube. Looks like an effective way to light up, but I am a bit of a coward and afraid to burn the finish on my pipe.

Your exactly right.

We were the first shop to carry the new zippos in our area. I always tell people to use a specific pipe lighter, or matches. I discourage the use of Butane torches on pipes, and cigarette lighters or anything with that type of fuel, which includes most all zippos.

Zippo Blus are expensive, the cheapest one i saw was 45$ going up to 75ish. Please dont use these on your pipe! Unless of course, you don' care about it's outward appearance.