• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

US interfering with legal cuban sales?

robbiex0r

scum
http://cphpost.dk/news/international/us-snubs-out-legal-cigar-transaction

Interesting read on just how far-reaching our government seems to think their powers are.

"But the transaction, which was automatically routed through the US,"

WTF?

Why was it routed? The guy needs to go after the bank...I would think. no?

WTF?

He chose to pay in dollars, so it was routed through the US. That's what I understood, at least.

Wow, sometimes the lack of common sense annoys me! Actually, it always annoys me!

WTF?

He chose to pay in dollars, so it was routed through the US. That's what I understood, at least.

Maybe... but one could be in Korea, convert their Dong to Dollars (heh), and purchase items there with that cash. I really doubt the US govt would have a problem with that. Maybe other flags get thrown when the transfer is done electronically. Even so, it does sound like the bank's mistake, and I'm not sure how they pin it on the individual for doing something wrong. As far as we know, the routing and conversion could just be SOP for whichever bank he's using. The Dollar is one of few widely used and internationally accepted currencies...

There is no way to make sense of that deal. Unfortunately for Torben.

No one in our Federal Government or in the financial centers of the US are that dim witted to do such a dumb thing.... :whistling:

There's something fishy in Denmark!...I can't believe no one said that yet!