• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Sucks in delivery days now taking about 3 or 4 days and the small box is now over $7 bucks. Don't get it, more cost less service. Sorry couldn't help a little rant.

Sucks in delivery days now taking about 3 or 4 days and the small box is now over $7 bucks. Don't get it, more cost less service. Sorry couldn't help a little rant.
At Least they are pre-opening and breaking down the cardboard boxes for you these days prior to delivery. That's an added service right?

Padded Flat rate on stamps.com still under 7, I just shove any box in there and it's cheaper than shipping the box on it's own.

I need to ship 2 or 3 boxes this week. I may try a non flat rate box (like from amazon) to see if less expensive,
The online pricing is just testing my patience, tonight.

Padded Flat rate on stamps.com still under 7, I just shove any box in there and it's cheaper than shipping the box on it's own.
Don't you have to pay Stamps.com $25.00 a month to just have the service though?

More is less, come on they need the extra income!:eek:

USPS has gotten terrible... my wife and father in law both have worked for them. They now have less workers than ever and charge more for postage and services than ever. They also basically no longer wish to have career employees, they want part timers that they can give less benefits to and pay lower wages. Talk about the complete failure of a once great entity...

I've been using UPS recently for packages. My last package cost 10.00 to ship opposed to USPS 8.00. I don't mind the couple extra bucks because I feel like UPS takes better care of my packages which is probably BS but that's my reasoning anyway.

More bullsh*t from USPS.....I was supposed to receive 3 packages from Europe but the sender had the zip code incorrect. One of the packages the USPS saw the wrong zip code corrected it and it arrived. I saw the other two packages were at the Post Office of the wrong zip code and so I went to that zip code PO (my home address Zip) and tried to get the packages, but they said the packages were already sent back to the main post office for return to the sender. Why would they change one and not the other two? The employee said there was no way to go to the main post office and retrieve the packages, they would not give them to me. I might go down there and try anyway.

PS My uncle worked for the USPS for 40 years after returning from WWII and whoever said it was correct, the professionalism of long term employees doesn't seem to exist much anymore.

I've been using UPS recently for packages. My last package cost 10.00 to ship opposed to USPS 8.00. I don't mind the couple extra bucks because I feel like UPS takes better care of my packages which is probably BS but that's my reasoning anyway.
My experience with UPS has been the opposite. I used to live on 5 acres and had a gated driveway. My UPS guy used to DROP packages over my wall, rather then taking 2 seconds to ring the intercom I had out front. Some packages were heavy and would crush the contents when he's toss them over. Same thing now, half the time the UPS packages arrive at my house looking like they were treated like the old Gorilla/Samsonite commercials, LOL!!!! Maybe for small light weight boxes you would be safe?

A few years ago I had a small side business that I shipped one item USPS priority small flat rate box. I shipped over 600 products before I shut it down, all the same way and only one order ever showed up damaged (the box was torn open), but the product was still okay luckily. Coast to coast in 3 days was routine, one state over was usually next day. So I've been happy with USPS service. Yes the rates have gone up over the years, not happy about that, but still in the reasonable range compared to the competition. Oh, and if I need to ship something large or heavy, I would trust it to FedEx.

To get the best rates on USPS, use a PayPal account and this link: https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
It's a "hidden" link, the only way to use it is open up PayPal.com and login FIRST, then open to this link. (That's the only way to get there)
It will save you a little bit on the cost of Click-N-Ship from their website, or going into the P.O.
Example: Priority small flat rate box via PayPal $6.45, via UPSP $7.15

I hadn't looked in a while. $7.15 for a small flat rate box...?? Wow. That'll make a guy look around......

Yeah it sucks, but a good trick I learned recently, put the flat rate box in a flat rate envelope and the price drops to $5.95 :D
That's what I meant to say that Josh has done forever. That was a smart idea about stuffing two of the small flat rate boxes in the envelope Instead of using a bigger box lol

That's what I meant to say that Josh has done forever. That was a smart idea about stuffing two of the small flat rate boxes in the envelope Instead of using a bigger box lol
Thanks but @Scap gets credit for that idea. But mine was not the flat rate envelope, it was the larger Tyvek one. The flat rate envelops will only fit one small flat rate box. So use the double box "trick" with caution. I don't think UPSP checks labels we print all that closely, but if they spot check you might get caught, and I don't know what the consequences would be.

Thanks but @Scap gets credit for that idea. But mine was not the flat rate envelope, it was the larger Tyvek one. The flat rate envelops will only fit one small flat rate box. So use the double box "trick" with caution. I don't think UPSP checks labels we print all that closely, but if they spot check you might get caught, and I don't know what the consequences would be.
Oh that's right, the flat rate envelopes are smaller. I laugh when I see Josh heavily padding cigars to go into the box then padding the box to go into the padded envelope :D

Oh that's right, the flat rate envelopes are smaller. I laugh when I see Josh heavily padding cigars to go into the box then padding the box to go into the padded envelope :D

Had to re-read....thought you said paddling.
Some crazy "50 shades of cigar wrappers" going on round here.

Just got a package in today from USPS. Box was damaged and place in a bag with a letter on it that started with "We care". Try caring enough to not damage my box then. Contents were in good order though.

I've sent a few boxes to Scap, MNBrian, Larry and a few others this way.Been doing it for 6+ years. Cheaper than medium boxes and protects the cigars better. And the 2 small flat rate boxes fit in the flat rate padded envelop. They just have to be stacked on top of each other instead of side by side.

If you use the non flat rate envelop they either send it back to you for additional postage or send it recipient postage due and they have to go to the PO, pay the additional postage and collect their package.

Just got a package in today from USPS. Box was damaged and place in a bag with a letter on it that started with "We care". Try caring enough to not damage my box then. Contents were in good order though.

See pre-opened and broke down the box already for you . All you had to do was enjoy the contents. At least it got there a day early and thank goodness for tons of bubble wrap.

Last edited: