• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

After 18 years, had to say good bye...

Oh man, so sorry to hear. Cats are assholes, but they sure do find a way into your heart.

On Monday I had to let go of one of my best friends of 18 years!! 18 years, that is just nuts...thats basically half my life! Figi was not a normal cat, this guy (all 17 lbs of him) would sit on the couch with me watching football on Sundays and while I smoked a cigar he would try to eat all the BBQ chips off my plate. I don't care if you are a cat or dog person, when you have a furry friend with you for 18 years, it makes a huge impact. He was just another dude to hang with. In 18 years I went through some huge life changes and lessons...but he was always there by me to make sure I knew he was all that existed apparently... Not to mention he moved with me 5 times across 4 states!

I have lost before, but that didn't make it easier and as Figi hit age 17, I knew this day was coming at some point...I just never wanted it to.
View attachment 20817

Sorry to hear that Ben, every time we lose a member of the fur family I swear I'll never get another one...but I do.

Being someone who has had pets all my life, it is hard when they leave the family, as they are part of the family.

So sorry to hear Ben...the hole in your heart will be a tough one to close. Especially when you see all the unoccupied areas around the house Figi used to fill throughout the day...none worse that the spot next to you on a nightly basis. The sad part is the first time you put less chips on your plate no longer needing to allow for his incessant thievery...but then again, that's why they call them 'Cat Burglars'!

Sounds like you two guys shared a lot of great times together and you'll always be reminded of him every day...and that's the good part bro. :cool:

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Makes me feel better to read them, it has helped!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

It's tough losing a friend. 17 years is longer than many human relationships.

Fiji, I like the name. Thank god for the memories. I feel the loss.
You know whats funny Pug, his name was Figi, with a hard G...but every vet always wanted to call him Fiji. I get the confusion, but never fully understood it. Its a G, not a J. I would ask them what those cookies were with Nugget in it....Oh, Fig Newtons....yea, not Fij Newtons. LOL! No worries though, I just found it funny more than anything.