• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Burning Benjamins

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I remember thinking "What's the big deal with Cuban Cigars?? They're no better than others!"
Then after a trade when I was new here Swissy kindly told me my cigars were counterfeit. Could have gone really bad, but he hooked me up with the real thing and then I got this place along with how good those cigars can be.

Don't know why I kept them all these years. Guess I thought they'd make decent yard gars. 12 - 13 years later they still taste like shit and smell like ammonia, and I ran out of room again.

So against my wife's objections I burned about $2,000. worth of hard lesson learned.

IMG_1108.JPG IMG_1109.JPG IMG_1110.JPG IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 9
Oh John, I'm speechless. That is a expensive lesson. But thanks to the gang here I have avoided that lesson on a smaller scale.

13 years and still smell like ammonia, must be some really crappy tobacco. Glad I got pointed in the right direction here before dipping my toes into the Cubans. Those were some expensive s'mores though.

Holy smokes!

Even knowing those are counterfeit, it hurts my heart knowing you were burning something you dropped hard earned money on.

Holy smokes!

Even knowing those are counterfeit, it hurts my heart knowing you were burning something you dropped hard earned money on.
Same with my wife! She wanted me to sell them with the buyer knowing what they were. Couldn't risk said buyer would not turn around and pass them off on some other poor unsuspecting fool for a tidy profit.

I still have about another $1,500.00 worth in my collection that I was too lazy to dig for. A box of EL Cohiba Sublimes, Siglo V's, and a box of Seleccion Cohiba.

Hard lesson to learn there. I am thankful for the knowledge I have gained here. Sorry for your loss brother.

Damn John...

I think we have all been there to one degree or another... it may have been expensive at the time, but the lesson learned is priceless...

I remember back in the late nineties, I bought a master case of fakes... broke my heart then, but I became one of the best at spotting fakes since then, and have help a few folks avoid the same plight...

Damn John...

I think we have all been there to one degree or another... it may have been expensive at the time, but the lesson learned is priceless...

I remember back in the late nineties, I bought a master case of fakes... broke my heart then, but I became one of the best at spotting fakes since then, and have help a few folks avoid the same plight...
Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Winner!

It was heart breaking at the time, but I actually had fun burning those things last night Bill.
They are what brought me to this place and started the friendships I developed here. One of those friendships led to me being where I am at today, in business for myself, building my own dream and not someone else's.

I've helped others identify/avoid fakes, and have taken a few under my wing along the way.... Priceless indeed!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Winner!

It was heart breaking at the time, but I actually had fun burning those things last night Bill.
They are what brought me to this place and started the friendships I developed here. One of those friendships led to me being where I am at today, in business for myself, building my own dream and not someone else's.

I've helped others identify/avoid fakes, and have taken a few under my wing along the way.... Priceless indeed!
Loved hearing this John!

Nice flame retardant clothes, LOL.....and no shoes, not even house slippers? Sheesh.

How did the bonfire smell?

Nice flame retardant clothes, LOL.....and no shoes, not even house slippers? Sheesh.

How did the bonfire smell?
I figured Doc would be the first to call me an idiot.

Hard to tell in the pictures, but I actually poured very little gas on the fire and stood back a good 25 - 30 feet to throw a torch at it. Bounced off the first time and had to wait for the torch to go out before I made another and nailed it. By that time I guess most had evaporated and the ignition was anti climatic.

Smelled just like a wood fire.

Holy cow, this thread ought to be stickied. Every time a noob comes around asking about craigslist deals, verifying fakes, is this real, yadda yadda yadda, someone needs to link this thread.