• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying tonneau, help

Maybe you'll have better luck than I did, but I wasn't happy with mine and ended up ripping it off and throwing mine away after a few years. The tracks kept jamming up and parts would break. The customer support was subpar at best. Even though it was broken after the first 7 months..... Seem to remember something about "Limited Warranty" even though a year or more was stated.

I should have just stuck with the Undercover Liner that I bought for my 2005 Tundra, but I thought the Roll N Lock would give me better access for taller loads that wouldn't require removal of the tonneau for my newer Tundra.

After I chucked the Roll N Lock I bought some other flip type I can't even remember the name of for my 2010 Tundra (The blue truck pictured). It's okay and does the job, but it's heavy and You don't want to have to remove it, or reinstall it. It also only opens as far as shown so you lose three feet of cargo if wanting to haul something taller than the cover.

The Undercover (Red truck pictured) is made of heavy duty ABS plastic that I can walk on top of at 250 lbs, but I can easily lift it off the bed by myself if I need to remove it because it's light, though a little awkward due to size. I can remove the cover in about 2 minutes easily with the quick disconnect gas shocks and clips at the hinges next to the truck cab. I'm sure they've made improvements in design since I've bought mine in 2006, but I wouldn't know for sure. The only issue I've had was the gas springs wore out about four years ago and it wouldn't stay up on its own. I seem to remember it costing about $75.00 to replace them with shipping.

It also was the most economically priced of the three I've bought!
https://www.realtruck.com/undercove...MI3JqplIiY1gIV1FmGCh0_mAQiEAQYAyABEgKat_D_BwE

Don't know about this company, but it had the best picture to give you an idea.

IMG_1019.JPG IMG_1021.JPG IMG_1023.JPG IMG_1025.JPG

For that kind of money I would be look on CL for one, or looking at one of the light weight tri-folds

Check out the Access Covers, got one on our Sierra. I was a breeze to install and the prices are reasonable.

I have a Truckedo Lo Pro for my F150 and love it. It a roll up so I can get use of the whole bed, but also is rather thick and durable so I feel like it will last a life time. Customer service was pretty good too.

Having just sold my Ram 1500, I have a soft tonneau for it just sitting in my garage. It's removable and has a lift feature. The white vinyl/pleather tarp that snaps on is still in pretty good shape. If anyone can make use of it just pay the shipping and it's yours.

Here's the manufacturer: http://downeyproductsnortheast.com/order-online/

I've had the Xtang Black Max on my Ram 1500 since I bought it. First one lasted over 10 years. I was happy enough with it that I bought it again. It's not lockable, but that's fine for my needs.