• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hate to bring bad news but....

Been away for a while, been visiting and browsing but not "participating" per se. Decided to come back and, sadly, bring some bad news...

Spad31, known to his family and friends as Trey Smith, and to his Air Force buddies as "Axl", passed away, some time ago, 2 days before his birthday actually...

I met him here, and we became friends. He was there for me whenever I needed someone to listen, and so was I for him. He paid me a visit, came to Montreal Canada and we spent a week together. Took him to Quebec City, treated him has a brother, as he did for me... I can still see him carrying my baby boy around, trying to teach him english. I can still see gifts he gave my son in his room, and I sometimes still smoke cigars he brought me...

Crazy how someone we meet on a forum can become, a brother... Trey had his demons, and through the years, they slowly got the best of him. He was a great man, a great person, a brother to me, but his addiction got the best of him, tragically...

He is greatly missed, not a day goes by where I don't hope he'd still be here...

Rest in peace Brother...

Gianni

F9806561-7CF4-4678-AAFF-DC2F15A49947_zps5rai0ya3.jpg

B70D3453-9591-4B4B-BB59-EA8A5A4EB702_zpsg7kj7otv.jpg

This is horrible to hear. Rest easy Trey. He sent me some very nice things back in ‘15. I’m going to dig something up and light it in your memory brother.

Man that is sad to hear RIP. Thanks for letting us know and your fond memories of him.

I'm at a loss for words. I wasn't close to Trey, but encouraged him through his struggles from a distance. We were kindred warriors and I empathized with him as many on here did. Rest easy brother!

Damn sorry to hear that. A fine fellow indeed. Good to see you here though.

I hope he was at peace and not full of regret. I know he seemed like he’d come to terms with what he’d done to his body over many years. But, so many alcoholics feel like they are weak and it’s about choices, when it’s a disease that some are powerless against.

Thanks for sharing the news and happy stories. He was a good guy and a true BOTL in every sense of the word.

Godspeed Trey....

Sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

That sucks to hear. Wasn't he the one who posted fairly recently (within the past year) that he was being discharged and looking forward to a new chapter in life? Always sad to lose a brother. Rest in peace.

Thanks for posting this, Gianni. Trey and I had always stayed in touch over the years, even through the absences. Then it just went quiet. The last message I had from him was this past May.

My heart goes out to his ex-wife and son.

As is our custom when a fellow airman departs the fix for the last time, the third verse of the Air Force Song:

Here's a toast to those who love the vastness of the sky
To a friend we send the message of his brother men who fly
We drink to those who gave their all of old
Then down we roar to score the rainbow's pot of gold
Here's a toast to the host of the men we boast
The US Air Force.

Here's a toast, AXL.
-FOXXX

Last edited:
Very sad news. RIP Trey, you will certainly be missed...

Trey moved about 40 miles from me and we spoke about getting together. Too bad we didn’t make it Trey. RIP brother.

Trey was one of my great friends in Germany, and my girls both loved him. My youngest used to jump on their trampoline with their Clifford of a dog while we would sit and smoke cigars in his backyard. We were invited over on many occasions for their weekly homemade pizza night, and any time my family was there, Trey and I would laugh at how funny it was seeing Q and my oldest daughter awkwardly going out of their way to avoid each other. I was incredibly saddened to hear when he told us that his domestic life was fracturing, as we really loved his entire family. I had emailed and messaged him here a bit, but never heard back from him.

I'm at a loss for words right now. I truly, truly am. Blue skies, "Spud" (I paid for that one every time I saw him until it became a running joke). You will be missed. I'll be keeping all he knew and all who loved him in my thoughts.