• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No one has seen this in a 150 years...

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
...a super Blue, Blood Moon. Plus, if you live West of the Mississippi or W. Canada, you'll be treated to the only N. American total eclipse of the Moon this year. The only catch is, you have to get up before dawn to see it. A good time to have a cigar and see a bit of your world that no one has seen in a very long time.

Doc

Thanks for the heads up Doc. For those of you in the Front Range:

It will begin in the Rocky Mountain region as the umbra touches the moon's edge at 4:48 a.m., NASA says. The peak of the blood moon eclipse is at about 6:30 a.m., and the moon will set shortly after 7 a.m.

It was looking rather large and bright just before dusk tonight.

107A98AF-D3C6-4010-B4DD-74234FBF7CE6.jpeg

I won't be able to take a good photo using my phone so I'll wait for photos by the professionals here.

Certainly is bright but pretty cold standing out in the field watching.

Maybe I misunderstood, but from what I read the peak of what I was supposed to be able to see was at 6:48 this morning on the EC. I went out at 6:20 and didn’t really see much at all.

Maybe I misunderstood, but from what I read the peak of what I was supposed to be able to see was at 6:48 this morning on the EC. I went out at 6:20 and didn’t really see much at all.
We didn't get much on the East Coast in terms of the blood moon because that started within minutes of moonset and sunrise. I just saw a tinge of red on the clouds just at moonset but it sure was bright.

We didn't get much on the East Coast in terms of the blood moon because that started within minutes of moonset and sunrise. I just saw a tinge of red on the clouds just at moonset but it sure was bright.
Thanks Ray. I did catch that as well.

I saw it rise just before 6PM Eastern and woke up at 4AM too see a very bright moon. It wasn't as large as I thought it would be.
It's impossible from my vantage point to see either horizon, so even a partial eclipse was not in the cards.
I hope you fellas on the West coast faired better.

Doc

Too cloudy here to see anything, was up early but no dice.