• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

Coco.
Universal messages of family and tradition, visually brilliantly and colorful, excellent traditional Mexican music throughout. A heavy homage to the “Golden era” of Mexican cinema.

Coco.
Universal messages of family and tradition, visually brilliantly and colorful, excellent traditional Mexican music throughout. A heavy homage to the “Golden era” of Mexican cinema.

Cinematically, it was a masterpiece. Lots of "cameos", too!

My daughter wants to see the new Jumanji, so this weekend I made her watch the original. She watched it twice.
Dwayne Johnson is here on island right now promoting this. He's hosting a premiere/preview on base on Wednesday "for the troops". I'm hoping to score tickets through my own inside supply line, but the ones "publicly" available are looooong gone before they were even supposed to be released (was intended as always to be a FC/FS, as all free previews are on base). Lots of AAFES workers and all their aunties and uncles are somehow going to be packing the base theater for this "Military Appreciation" event, just like happened when tens of thousands (literally) locals with no military affiliation somehow got access to the Spike special he filmed here about this time last year... :/

Started watching "Suits" over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Everyone on the show is perfectly cast. The sarcasm and movie quotes are what make it for me.

Her Ghost and Brain weren't robotic though.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel film(s) or even a prequel film based on this story line though. It was interesting and thought provoking.
I just took it as a "disconnect" between a human brain and a robotic body, however I could see how others would view it as annoying. I need to watch the anime of it. I remember watching it decades ago and not really understanding what was going on.

I just took it as a "disconnect" between a human brain and a robotic body, however I could see how others would view it as annoying. I need to watch the anime of it. I remember watching it decades ago and not really understanding what was going on.

The animes are good, but very . . . anime. They're to anime what "Subnormality" is to webcomics, which is to say, really unusually wordy even for the format. I like that about them, but there are some LONG philosophical convos about the nature of consciousness, reality, existence, sentience . . . :confused:

I liked that the movie captured some of that feel, and that they redid so many classic "set pieces" from the anime so well.

~Boar

The animes are good, but very . . . anime. They're to anime what "Subnormality" is to webcomics, which is to say, really unusually wordy even for the format. I like that about them, but there are some LONG philosophical convos about the nature of consciousness, reality, existence, sentience . . . :confused:

I liked that the movie captured some of that feel, and that they redid so many classic "set pieces" from the anime so well.

~Boar

The original anime movie was definitely very philosophical and was deep for when I was in high school but I loved that about it. The new anime reboots (Ghost in the shell arise) have been great but have lost a little bit of the soul searching feel the original had. Still love them both. Will watch ScarJo's version on Netflix eventually.

I had been holding off watching season 2 of Stranger Things until a friend was available to watch it with me. We ended up binge watching in two days.

I have never watched shows with the eye that some of you do...I just like them or I don't. So this time I paid attention to the details and was amazed at the level of effort that went into getting things right. Thanks for the education. That said I did have one issue, or potential issue. In two of the episodes the Sheriff is sporting a bright blue bracelet that I don't remember being popular in the mid-80's. In fact, the bracelet he's wearing is fairly popular now.

Regardless, the season was great.

Stranger on Netflix. It’s a Korean crime drama with a prosecutor/cop duo that kind of reminds me of the Sherlock relationship with Watson. The first episode made me cry actually. I think I can’t handle kids being torn from parents cuz of my newborn son right now.

Period drama's not usually my thing, but Season 1 of "The Crown" was absolutely superb . . . and Season 2 just dropped on Netflix. My weekend is SORTED.

~Boar

The Grand Tour S2 is started on Amazon. I'm trying to find time to watch the first episode, but stupid Life...

For Marvel fans, steer clear of Inhumans, and watch Runaways on Hulu instead. I’m about 5 episodes deep, so they still have time to jump the shark, but the first episode had me pretty hooked.

For those that have seen the new Star Wars....
NO SPOILERS

Did you like it?