• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

The only knock that I have for the movie is the comedy. One, or two one liners, or quips are ok, but TLJ had more than I felt comfortable with. I feel that the writers/directors/producers are more focused on appealing to different demographics that keeping true to the original trilogy's style IMO.

This. There were 2 things that bothered about the movie. The first was "the Leia scene". If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

The second part was what you said above. I felt like they were trying to emulate a Marvel movie with the corny jokes and one liners. Not what I want from a Star Wars movie.

Blade Runner: 2049 finally dropped on Amazon, so I got to see it tonight. Helluva good movie. Twists, turns, memorable characters, great action scenes, nods to the original and a fresh, engrossing storyline. Wonderfully atmospheric, dark visuals---gosh it rains a lot!---and some jaw-dropping special effects. Just a great watch.

~Boar

Watched Bright, Netflix new movie staring Will Smith. Pretty good but long on action and short on plot. Not a lot thinking required. I’m on vacation this week so I’ve been serving the tube quite a bit. I also watched the first 3 episodes of Happy on ScFi. Wow, talk about effed up. Lastly I binge watched about 8 episodes of Penny Dreadful on Netflix which I found a little twilightish but it kept hold of my short attention span.

With two weeks off and a big sale on Amazon Video, I picked up all three LOTR movies .... in the extended editions. That's like 12 hours of LOTR! :eek:

I introduced the kids to The Hobbit and we got through the first 2, just have the last one to watch. I now feel that we need to just binge all 6 together, one weekend, but we'll see. I've read the Hobbit maybe 5 times and love it, along with LOTR. I could watch these over and over again, not sure why.

Watched season 1 of Jessica Jones. Pretty good.

Started watching Between. It's pretty weak on acting... all the kids act like they are on downers. The story is typical virus outbreak and quarantine while the survivors know more than the people on the outside.

Blade Runner: 2049 finally dropped on Amazon, so I got to see it tonight. Helluva good movie. Twists, turns, memorable characters, great action scenes, nods to the original and a fresh, engrossing storyline. Wonderfully atmospheric, dark visuals---gosh it rains a lot!---and some jaw-dropping special effects. Just a great watch.

~Boar

Easily my favorite movie since Arrival... Both Villanueve movies, go figure.

This. There were 2 things that bothered about the movie. The first was "the Leia scene". If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah that one had me scratching my head. I have a theory, but don't want to post spoilers...

Just finished "Bright". I was pleasantly surprised, as I had absolutely no interest in it to begin with. Much like the comic universe movies, I don't know (or really care) anything about them, I just judge them based on how entertained and invested I get by the film, itself, rather than what it is supposed to be. I liked it, and I will watch the sequel when it comes out.

Watched the Greatest Showman last night. Wasn't expecting so much singing, but we still really enjoyed it.

Noticed Season 2 of Travelers dropped on Netflix, so I've been binging on that---almost done and will probably finish it tonight. If you're not familiar with this one yet, it's a good watch---the future is a vast dystopia, mankind is close to extinction, so they start sending people back to the past to try to avert the disaster their world has become.

But they can't send agents back physically, so they download them into the bodies of people who are about to die (in an accident of some kind, that they prevent) and form teams to carry out missions in the "Grand Plan" developed by a future supercomputer AI. Good acting, good writing, lots of intriguing storylines and in-jokes (food in the future is apparently Soylent Green level protein paste, so there's a running gag about them finding things like fast food, hospital food and so forth just amazingly delicious, but most animals are treasured and nearly extinct then, so the idea of eating meat horrifies them) and just generally well done.

~Boar

Watched season 1 of Jessica Jones. Pretty good.

Started watching Between. It's pretty weak on acting... all the kids act like they are on downers. The story is typical virus outbreak and quarantine while the survivors know more than the people on the outside.
I power watched the first season or 2 of there were that many. Not a bad show how many seasons did they end up with?

Almost do e with seasons 4 of The Ranch. Love Sam Elliot in this jacked up comedy with most of the cast of That 70s show

I power watched the first season or 2 of there were that many. Not a bad show how many seasons did they end up with?

Almost do e with seasons 4 of The Ranch. Love Sam Elliot in this jacked up comedy with most of the cast of That 70s show

Think it's only 2 seasons. Guess that Defenders kinda picked up from there.

I meant Between not JJ..lol

I was in the mood for a 'B' movie and stumbled across "Zardoz" (1974) on Encore. Typical B movie stuff, but what intrigued me the most was that it starred Sean Connery and Charlotte Rampling. Check it out if you a B movie fan.

Finished "The Ranch" season 4 - as always major cliff hanger at the end.
It has developed a lot from season 1, still just as brash, but more plot and story.

Started "Travelers" the wife and I are liking it, but only on the 3rd episode

T

I finished up S3 of Narcos tonight. Holy crap... this is a show done right. I'm interested to see where they take S4 (Mexico, it would seem).

Watched Black Panther this weekend, no to bad.
Also watched the Full metal Alchemist movie on netflix.....me and my daughter enjoyed that as well!!!!

Started Counterpart with JK Simmons.
Two episodes down, and seems to be getting better as it goes.