• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is Habanos??

What exactly are you asking? Drunk posting is discouraged. If English is not your first language, perhaps you should consult a translation tool before posting. Some people do not care for Cuban tobacco. Just like some do not like cilantro or meat or whatever.
If you have smoked a Quintero and it was not a defining moment of spirituality in your life...if it was not altogether a complete transformation of your soul, then good day to you, sir. I said good day!
It was the best of the lot
A nacionales. From a box with just about 2 years age on it. Good day to you. And a bargain at that. Love the artwork on the boxes.

What exactly are you asking? Drunk posting is discouraged. If English is not your first language, perhaps you should consult a translation tool before posting. Some people do not care for Cuban tobacco. Just like some do not like cilantro or meat or whatever.
omg not the translation tool lol

I will have to say I am in the known "transitionary" period. My entire time smoking has been NC. But in the last year I have got to experience a true awaking of my palette with CC. Going through each brand and trying them shows me what our "hobby" is all about. I am currently "transitioning" (quickly smoking and/or gifting) a lot of the NC's I've acquired because they don't taste good to me anymore. I keep revisiting what's in my stash and come up disappointed on smokes I previously loved. I still haven't found a CC that I haven't enjoyed. I am glad I am just now getting to Cuban tobacco as I am not sure I would have fully appreciated all of it nuances; some obvious and some subtle. To each their own in the taste and opinion department and sorry for the winded post. I guess I could have not been long winded and said "I get what all the hype is about."

*edited to correct piss poor proof reading

I believe what I am is disappointed. Perhaps I expect more from the bargain bin. That being said there are some Cohibas and LCDH's Ive yet to get to. Perhaps smoking a Serie D will let me experience the taste Im looking for.
Price or difficulty in obtaining, does not a good cigar make. "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke." These famous words were once spoken by a wise member. If you're expecting a punch you in the gut, nicotine bomb, you're likely not researching correctly which brand and vitola to pick up. There's plenty of information available on which smokes NC smokers prefer.

Expectations...

d2a9ea682509dcea833afe7cdd4645cd.jpg

I find it hard to believe that a person couldn't discern a taste difference between most NCand some of the CC you listed.

I find it hard to believe that a person couldn't discern a taste difference between most NCand some of the CC you listed.

Say that after taking a stab at a few blind taste tests/reviews. I'done it about a half a dozen times and have managed to guess the cigar correctly once, the country correctly once. Other than that I've had a bunch of whiffs.

Say that after taking a stab at a few blind taste tests/reviews. I'done it about a half a dozen times and have managed to guess the cigar correctly once, the country correctly once. Other than that I've had a bunch of whiffs.

I would gladly take this challenge. I've no doubt that I can tell CC from NC. Not a snobby thing, but a flavor thing.

Boy, you really took a plunge. When I started smoking CCs I was a much more cautious and guided by many of the FOGs. My first box was bought after sampling many marcas and picking one I really liked. Monty Edmundo, as it turned out. I usually don't buy a box until I 'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the cigar.

Of course, the other main factor is aging. But that's a whole subject of it's own and the info is "out there" already.

No plunge. I enjoy cigars and gladly buy what I like. If the price is good I'm in it. What I don't/can't smoke I trade. It's a fun hobby.