• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

My wife loves hers. I do most of the cooking, but last year she picked one of these up and now does a dish every once in a while to give me a break. She's found some amazing recipes, and they are a really quick meal. :)
People seem to love them, have contemplated them many times.

I am very slow to follow cooking trends when it comes to the latest gadgets, but I have to admit this thing is pretty great. I cooked another Indian recipe tonight for a beef curry dish that made cubed chuck roast fork tender in 20 minutes and cooked a ton of the sauce's flavor into the meat. And basmati rice was a no-brainer and perfect. I think we've had it for almost a year and just now started actually using it. There are some cult-level devotees that would cook their microwave popcorn in it if they could, but it does combine a lot of the speed of a pressure cooker and ease of a crockpot. Keep an eye on Amazon for sales, but also "open box" returns....I think we got our 8 quart for about $65 because the box was damaged and it was missing the cookbook or something.

F39466FE-FB97-49DD-A8A1-B3FDED27CF39.jpeg
Paella.......a complete and utter failure! A lot went wrong here.....Didn’t cook the short ribs long enough and they were cooking at too high of a heat. I had too much grease in the pan when I started the veggies so when I added the broth it was never going to reduce enough to get the crust on the bottom of the pan the rice is supposed to get. I also added way too much chicken broth and too much saffron. And with all that said how can it not be better next try?

View attachment 21863
Paella.......a complete and utter failure! A lot went wrong here.....Didn’t cook the short ribs long enough and they were cooking at too high of a heat. I had too much grease in the pan when I started the veggies so when I added the broth it was never going to reduce enough to get the crust on the bottom of the pan the rice is supposed to get. I also added way too much chicken broth and too much saffron. And with all that said how can it not be better next try?
Guessing it still tastes pretty good too?

Spent all week at a conference in San Antonio at La Mansion Del Rio, a historic hotel. Nice place, but the catered meals were ... not special. Ducked out for a stellar Chile Relleno on the Riverwalk that was just amazing, and came home and pigged out on sushi at one of my favorite places.

~Boar

I got dragged to Starbucks, after dropping the kids off at their first day of school. I've started drinking a triple iced espresso and a protein shake, only 169 calories:
20180708_150123.jpg

Since I already broke my fast, I had 2 hard boiled eggs and an avocado on toast. Didn't take a picture, as it didn't last long