• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2012 NHL Playoff Contest - Final Round In Progress!

Okay this is out of hand. Theres still a few teams I can get behind that still remain.
Ive followed playoff tradition by not cutting my hair and shaving since the onset.
If the team that resides in the dessert wins Lord Stanleys Cup ALL hair will be removed regardless of the obligation to this thread.
IF this happens I will post pre and post cut pics. Any team other than the 'yotes and its back to the normal look.
These playoffs have me wanting to pull the hair out by the roots to begin with and a Pheonix hoist of the Cup will put me over the edge.
So there it is, I take my hockey serious and never welch on a bet. To be continued......

Well if it makes you feel any better, Phoenix skating the cup would put me over the edge as well.

Yup. I'll get 3rd round match ups posted tomorrow.

Way to go Rangers.

The Caps lost which means I owe two cigars. We still waiting to the end to send our ends out, correct?

Go Kings Go!!!

Yes. Payout assignments will be posted once the cup is decided. Got busy yesterday, will update the thread tonite.

And then there were four...

In the east:
Yojimbo - New York Rangers vs tallpaul - New Jersey Devils

And in the west:
drunkfish - Phoenix Coyotes vs thefatguy - Los Angeles Kings.

Congrats to all that are still fighting for the win, and to those eliminated, stay tuned for another contest soon!

I must confess, I'm starting that the LA Kings winning the cup this season might not be so far fetched. All I can attribute it to is the mid-season coaching change.

Never thought I'd make that statement...ever.

3 things, in my opinion. Coaching change, Carter acquisition, and the kick in the rear both gave to the team. The way the team is playing now is the way they should have been and were expected to play the whole season.

The Kings need to keep up this momentum and they have a chance at taking the cup!

I need the Devils to get back on track tonight. I hate that the Celtics series is on the same nights my remote control has no time to cool off. Then throw the Sox in there to....

Paul

I hope for the safety of both teams the Kings -Yotes series doesnt go to 7 games.
There may be no survivors if this cntinues to escalate. I love hard bloddy hockey, fight blood not board blood.
Have to hand it to the refs for getting this one under control quickly. Usually once a game gets to the level it
reached last night the players forget the refs are even on the ice. I saw it start to happen and thought oh boy here we go.
Seemed though once the little talk to the remainig ice leaders from each team, things calmed a bit.
Keep it tough, but also live to fight another day. - Rant off -

Rangers Devils again tonight. Would be nice if the rangers took a second game for cushion, but I feel a NJ win.

Looks like I was wrong, Rangers are playing great hockey tonite. I'm glad, cause they're gonna need it they go to the Cup final against LA.

Yo Jim you looks like your original gut feeling is correct... Tied up baby!

Paul

Yeah. It was a totally different game than the one Monday. Monday was all defense, and tonite was much stronger offense from both teams. Good game by both teams, great hockey to watch.