• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Moment of Silence

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
:(
100_0089.jpg

100_0090.jpg

100_0091.jpg

100_0092.jpg

100_0093.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0097.jpg

100_0096.jpg

100_0095.jpg

100_0094.jpg

OMFG...That makes me want to cry. :(

Oh that's just wrong on SOOOOOO many levels... :(

I guess the only good thing you can say about the situation is someone was certainly trying to "aggresively" deliver your package. What does brown do for you!! :laugh:

It has a cap, have to do it the hard way. You are to drink in moderation :( Did the delivery guy slurr "Heressssss yer pack...........age sssssssir" :angry: :whistling:

Oh that's just wrong on SOOOOOO many levels... :(

I guess the only good thing you can say about the situation is someone was certainly trying to "aggresively" deliver your package. What does brown do for you!! :laugh:

ROTFLMAO @ George

Sad but great pics!

Brian

No guys this package was delivered to me from the guys working at the UPS store in our shopping center. The box was mistakenly delivered there(this is why my addy is in care of the Outlaw). We have a couple of theories on the subject but no solid proof. The bottle disturbingly pictured above has sent to me by our good friend Ray in the July scotch buy. I had asked him privatly to do a couple of extra bottles not listed so he could sample them and a few things for myself. The bottle was something Ray had brought to my attention that he could get at a better price than the suggested retail of $500. I got the package today and knew immediatly there was something wrong! I opened chamber after chamber finding nothing wrong with any of the other bottles. I then opened the most gut wrenching package I've ever opened in my life. I knew from the glass rattle that it was destroyed! I had a fleeting moment that I thought that one of the bottles that I let Ray take a sample out of might have leaked but I was wrong! A moment of silence for a fallen friend. Raise your glass of whatever good you have and shed just a little tear for what could have been!

Getting ready for bed and I think I will have nightmares for weeks on end after seeing this thread. I've been tempted to get this bottle since I've had it before. But after this, I dont know if I want to risk it.

HOLY Sh17 !!!!!
That really sucks!!!
And I dont drink.

It was a sorry sight.
The box looked like it was drop kicked!

I've gotten and sent hundreds of botles and this is the first one that hasn't made it.. It was in the middle row of six, backed in a big box, double boxed inside that, in a wood box inside the double box and the bottle was wrapped. the way it is caved in it looks like it was kicked or dropped hard on another solid object. Terrible, absolutly freakin' terrible :(

I've gotten and sent hundreds of botles and this is the first one that hasn't made it.. It was in the middle row of six, backed in a big box, double boxed inside that, in a wood box inside the double box and the bottle was wrapped. the way it is caved in it looks like it was kicked or dropped hard on another solid object. Terrible, absolutly freakin' terrible :(

I've seen your packaging job, Ray - there's no doubt someone had the mind to wreak havoc and destruction....

The packing was perfect. It should have been able to take a substantal drop or a kick for that matter. I think that the assholes from the UPS store stood on the box upside down. If you stood on the wooden box and say jumped I think you might get the nasty results above! :( :0 :angry:

The question at hand is who's ass is going to be in a sling for doing this? I would raise absolute holy hell on UPS.

Nothing can be done since it isn't legal to ship liquor over state lines or even within the states by USPS. If you read the regs for UPS, FedEx or DHL you'll see they aren't supposed to ship liquor either, at least that is the case in PA.

The question at hand is who's ass is going to be in a sling for doing this? I would raise absolute holy hell on UPS.

It's against the law to ship alcohol. There is no repercustion for this. You can't insure the package. The boys at the UPS store had this package since 7:27am yesterday morning but didn't bring it up to the shop until afternoon. the liquid had soaked into the wood and the boxes but there was still liquid on the other bottle next to it(why I thought that the other bottle had leaked). It was too fresh for it to have happened in transet.Alas, I will never know how or why this happened. I want to thank Opusxkc for taking the pictures and the bottle of scotch he bought me to ease the pain. I can't describe the pain to you. It's like christmas morning when your a kid and getting that gift that you wanted and it's broken, the person who bought it for you doesn't have the reciept and it's a real limited thing that the store doesn't have for an exchange! Yeah, I can get another one but... Thanks Ray for everything else in the package. I had to have a drink yesterday(that Highland Park is amazing)!

I feel your pain! This loss is not to be taken lightly, we must all raise a glass to our fallen comrade.

It was a collectors item, an empty bottle(worth $600). Can you ship empty bottles like this and insure it :whistling: ;) ??? :whistling: