• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Moment of Silence

Dayam!

Sorry to see this. I can only imagine what it might have tasted like.

Wilkey

I gotta know though...did ya lick the bottle? Or perhaps the cardboard. I know I sure as hell would have.

I gotta know though...did ya lick the bottle? Or perhaps the cardboard. I know I sure as hell would have.

Brad walks around the store with a Single Malt Scotch IV drip. :laugh:

So who is gonna do the 21 Gun salute for this fallen bottle?

Brad you should have saved the Scotch soaked box. We could have put some cigars in there and had some fine Scotch infused cigars of some sort. :0

On second thought that might be kinda funky :p

Total tragedy! :0

Retribution will be taken out on some scotch tonight!

-Rob

edit : typo

Truly bad news! My condolensces, i'll toast it tonight! :cool:

Wow, my nightmare has become someone's reality. My condolences.

Doc.

I would like to thank everyone in my time of loss. I well up just a little bit everytime I think about it. Damn Postal service! Ray, the Balviene 25 was unbelievable. I enjoyed it today hoping that it might give me a slight clue as to what I lost.
Opusxkc got to taste the bottle( I think he might have cut himself trying to get just a drop of it). Life must go on and I must drink more scotch. :)

That really sucks so hard that I can't think of anything to put down.

I feel for ya Brad.

That's why I put it in so you could compare. That is the long gone 1974 version of the Balvenie 25 although the 1978 is getting pretty hard to find now too. I'm waiting for your thoughts on the Glenrothes, you can add them to my review.

... the Balviene 25 was unbelievable. I enjoyed it today hoping that it might give me a slight clue as to what I lost.

I will Ray! Someone did f'ck with this package with the very intention of destroying its contents. I inspected the Signatory bottles a little closer and both of the aluminum tubes were pushed out the ends. I think the only thing that saved them was the fact that they had wide mouth bottles. I get quite a few packages from you guys(thank you!) and alot of times they get accidently get delivered to the UPS store in our shopping center(I dont have them delivered at home because no one is home during the day and I really don't want scotch or cigars left on my front porch). The UPS stores PO boxes are addressed with the same address as the store with one exception of an extra number. Example
Outlaw Cigar Co
6234 N, Chatham Ave,
Kansas City, MO 64151

Jon Ballstomper
6234 N. Chatham Ave #666
Kansas City, Mo 64151

So you can see how easy it is to confuse the poor mailman. The funny thing is that I had this problem early on and changed my Addy in my profile the be CO/Outlaw cigar. This has solved all of my problems up til now. Those cocksuckers working in that store hate when they get our mail because it gets in their way and no one wants to take 3 mins and walk it up to us( we have to force them to look through there parcels to find them). My Pass that I did when I first started on CP sat down there for a month. The guys and I took turns going down there, finally our mail lady managed to retrieve it for me. I didn't think it odd when one of the guys from the UPS store brought the package in the store saying it had been delievered to them by mistake( Ray clearly marked the package, Outlaw was clear as day on that label). 98 degree day, we are about 1000 yards away,big heavy box marked fragile, do you want to take this trek? No! Now if I had this big box since 7:30 in the AM , it's not my customers, I can't take it to the place it belongs til they open at 10:00am, it's going to be in my way! Marked fragile, yeah, fuck this package! I'm going to step on this fucker, oops I hear glass break! Kick it out of the way til they come complain. There's a strange smell coming out of that package. I can't have this in our store, I'll take it up to the store at 2:30pm! They have never brought me a package in the entire 7 years I've worked at the Outlaw. I have always had to retrieve miss directed packages. Busted up package and they come running! I can't prove a word of this but you know it's just to easy to come up with this scenario.
Thanks again to everyone that have tryed to cheer me up about this. :thumbs:

I feel your pain! This loss is not to be taken lightly, we must all raise a glass to our fallen comrade.

This is exactly how that should've been insured. I'm nearly positive that you would be able to get away with it then.

This doesn't make sense, I think you're too much in the cups to comment at the moment ;)

I feel your pain! This loss is not to be taken lightly, we must all raise a glass to our fallen comrade.

This is exactly how that should've been insured. I'm nearly positive that you would be able to get away with it then.

Oh the HUMANITY!!!

I wonder who is in charge of that UPS store but outside the store, like an area manager or something. I think a nice nasty letter and phone call might help. Then again it may not help at all! Too bad you can't videotape them f-ing with your package and call one of the local TV stations in to run an investigative piece on the news.

AVB, you must think I'm a complete moron by now.

In any case, somebody needs to check on insuring "collectors bottles". I've purchased an old bottle of german whiskey online and I'm not sure, but I do believe that it was insured for up to $300 as a collectors item. I'll ask about that tomorrow since I'll be heading to the UPS store anyway.

This is the first bottle that Ray has ever shipped that has been destroyed. I think those odds are still very good(1 in 200+ bottles)! It's a risk like quite a few things we do around here and I just happen to be on the losing end of the stick. I'm not happy about it but I will get over it! I will buy scotch from Ray again. I'm not the least bit worried about the money it's just the priciple of the the thing. No scotch that great should ever be lost to the miss handling of others!